YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
This topic is about Wallbanger
BUDDY READ: Adult Fiction > Wallbanger (Cocktail #1) By Alice Clayton - Restarting February 20th 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27870 comments Mod
The first night after Caroline moves into her fantastic new San Francisco apartment, she realizes she's gaining an intimate knowledge of her new neighbor's nocturnal adventures. Thanks to paper-thin walls and the guy's athletic prowess, she can hear not just his bed banging against the wall but the ecstatic response of what seems (as loud night after loud night goes by) like an endless parade of women. And since Caroline is currently on a self-imposed dating hiatus, and her neighbor is clearly lethally attractive to women, she finds her fantasies keep her awake even longer than the noise. So when the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts Simon Parker, her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. The tension between them is as thick as the walls are thin, and the results just as mixed. Suddenly, Caroline is finding she may have discovered a whole new definition of neighborly...

In a delicious mix of silly and steamy, Alice Clayton dishes out a hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight...

message 2: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2196 comments joining

message 3: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2196 comments BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... She is meowing!!! I don't believe it!

message 4: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2196 comments Chapters 1-5 (view spoiler)

message 5: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2196 comments Chapter 6 - 11 (view spoiler)

message 6: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2196 comments A..DUH! (view spoiler)

message 7: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2196 comments Chapter 11-fin! (view spoiler)

message 8: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited Oct 04, 2017 02:26PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 4022 comments I'm up to Chapter 9.

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 4022 comments I'm up to Chapter 12.

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 4022 comments I'm up to Chapter 17.

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 4022 comments I'm finished.

(view spoiler)

message 12: by Monika (last edited Oct 06, 2017 02:44AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Monika | 866 comments I will start in another 2 Hrs Shae .... While going back home from office and post comments from evening IST!

message 13: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5163 comments Sounds good :)

Monika | 866 comments Chapter 6 (view spoiler)

Monika | 866 comments Chapter 9 (view spoiler)

message 16: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5163 comments I will be starting this Monika! I have gone back to school (work) after the two week holidays and am trying to catch up on another book before this one. I will be here in a day or two :P

Monika | 866 comments Alrighty Mighty Might!

message 18: by Monika (last edited Oct 09, 2017 10:11PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Monika | 866 comments Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

message 19: by Monika (last edited Oct 10, 2017 09:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Monika | 866 comments Hannah wrote: "I'm up to Chapter 12.

[spoilers removed]"

M also not a big fan so far of the characters/story either Hannah ... its OK types good only. I guess i had higher expectations from the book!

message 20: by Monika (last edited Oct 10, 2017 09:00PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Monika | 866 comments Chapter 15 I guess both characters r a bit crazy ... they say and do stupid things ... Hell with sniffing the sweater. And Simon was (view spoiler)

Monika | 866 comments Chapter 17 Done
Wow … Spain sounds amazing. (view spoiler)

Monika | 866 comments Chapter 19 Done
(view spoiler)

Monika | 866 comments Finished (view spoiler)

message 24: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27870 comments Mod
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 20th of January 2018

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

✨Skye✨ | 3115 comments Read a couple of chapters earlier and will try to read it in one sitting tomorrow. First impressions are okay, it's definitely a funny book and I enjoy the main character. Not too sure how sexually appealing meowing is!

✨Skye✨ | 3115 comments 23% (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3115 comments 40% (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3115 comments 63% (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3115 comments 80% (view spoiler)

message 30: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5163 comments I’m going to start this as soon as I finish tearling tonight :)

✨Skye✨ | 3115 comments Finished this last night and it was one of the funniest books I've read in a long time :)

message 32: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5163 comments im sorry ive been slack with this! i am going to start tomorrow (feb 1st) so i can count it next month. I went back to work full time and its killing me!

✨Skye✨ | 3115 comments Shae wrote: "im sorry ive been slack with this! i am going to start tomorrow (feb 1st) so i can count it next month. I went back to work full time and its killing me!"

That's always the frustrating thing with reading books towards the end of the month! I do hope you like this one, I found it hilarious and it was a very quick read. I'm at university myself but I do have a part time job at the library that I'm returning to soon, and I can't wait :)

message 34: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5163 comments Skye wrote: "Shae wrote: "im sorry ive been slack with this! i am going to start tomorrow (feb 1st) so i can count it next month. I went back to work full time and its killing me!"

That's always the frustratin..."

Yes so true! Oh that’s exciting! You’ll be surrounded by books :D

message 35: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (bookworm_sarah) | 75613 comments Mod
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting February 20th 2018. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Grace | 209 comments Please join Jaguane and Grace in reading Wallbanger.

Grace | 209 comments Ch. 1 - 6: (view spoiler)

Jaguane | 103 comments Finally made it to ch 7!

Grace | 209 comments Are you enjoying it so far?

Grace | 209 comments Lizzie: (view spoiler)

Grace | 209 comments Ch. 10: (view spoiler)

Grace | 209 comments Ch. 13: (view spoiler)

Grace | 209 comments Ch. 14: (view spoiler)

Grace | 209 comments Ch. 17:(view spoiler)

Ch. 19: (view spoiler)

Ch. 21 - the apron:(view spoiler)

Finished: (view spoiler)

Jaguane | 103 comments Ahaha sorry Grace, missed your reply. I’m to 11 an its ok to me.

Jaguane | 103 comments Almost to the end, Chapter 16

Jaguane | 103 comments Finished and wondering if anybody besides me stayed hungry reading this 😂

message 48: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5163 comments Grace wrote: "Ch. 10: It's clear that Simon is crushi

It was nic..."

(view spoiler)

message 49: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5163 comments Grace wrote: "Ch. 13: Tabout her. He's not out for a quick fix.

The line abo..."

(view spoiler)

message 50: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5163 comments Chapter 21 (view spoiler)

« previous 1