Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General Chatting > Stress Management

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) | 7304 comments Mod
Something happened at work that really stressed me out. My stomach was like a lump of granite and my heartbeat went erratic. I have trouble with anxiety and stress, which I typically manage pretty well. But there are times that I don't control my stress and how I react to it very well. So I started praying and recited bible verses and I started to feel better. I don't want to force my religion on anyone, but speaking for myself, I tell you, prayer and meditating on God's promises really help me to deal with stress like nothing else.

Some other ways I deal with stress:
A long, hot shower
Going to the gym
Getting in my pjs and getting in bed with a good book
Reading
Going online and talking to people
Having a good dessert (although I don't think I'm a stress eater. It's nice to wind down with some ice cream but I try not to use it as a crutch)

How do you deal with stress?

message 2: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 07, 2009 08:21AM) (new)

Arch  | 6523 comments Mod
Danielle,

Prayer is powerful.

How I deal with stress:

1. Pray
2. Me time
3. Write
4.Exercise
5. Reading

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) | 7304 comments Mod
That's a good formula there, Arch. Pretty similar to mine. Let me add book shopping to my list. I like to wind down from a hard day by hanging out at the bookstore. :)

message 4: by Davina (last edited Aug 07, 2009 10:50AM) (new)

Davina D. | 796 comments Sleep
Exercise
Yoga and mediation
Make love
Have my husband give me a cuddle
Rant at my husband for 1/2 hour
Get lost in my rose garden
Faith (as in believing that everything is going to be alright).

ETA: I forgot to add talking to my kids, esp the younger one. He has a great sense of humour and always says something that cheers me up.

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6523 comments Mod
Danielle wrote: "That's a good formula there, Arch. Pretty similar to mine. Let me add book shopping to my list. I like to wind down from a hard day by hanging out at the bookstore. :)"

Yes, we are similar. I love going to the library to buy books or garage sales. I love going to garage sales.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Gardening is very therapeutic. Unfortunately since I'm living in a hotel because I'm working relief, I don't have my garden to putter around in. Sounds like you have a good list of stress relievers, Davina.

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 221 comments Not in any particular order:

Vent
eat
read.

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 221 comments I have two close friends I can vent to. We are always venting to each other about something LOL.