The Next Best Book Club discussion

CLOSED: Promote Your Site/Stuff > "Sponsored Books" Ads

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Hello everyone!

Does anyone ever click on the "Sponsored Books" ads here on Goodreads? I'm curious as to how much, if any, attention is paid to those ads. My promotion funds are severely limited, therefore I'd like some feedback on the issue before I go that route.

Thanks!

(I hope I put this in the right folder. I wasn't sure if this question would be considered to be promoting my own work, so I thought it best not to offend anyone!)

Ralph Gallagher | 64 comments When I'm bored or wanna find a book randomly, I'll click a couple of them. I've found two or three books that were interesting and put them on my to-read list. =)

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) I pay attention to them if the cover or title draws my attention. If it get my attention then I will click on it to see what it's about. If the description interests me then I will definitely add it to my TBR and check it out eventually.

message 4: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) I do generally. For two reasons: maybe I'll find a new book that I didn't know I wanted to read, and seeing as the site is free it's always good to give some air time to the sponsors.

I have found a few things that look interesting, but given the length of TBR (pushing 600!) who knows when I will get to them.

message 5: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10035 comments Mod
Darcia, I guess this folder is as best as any really.
That's a good question to pose as a self publishing or self promoting author.

Me, personally, I dont think I have ever clicked on one of those ads before.

Good to see that the majority of people who posted back to you DO tho, huh??

message 6: by Natalee (new)

Natalee (nataleem00) | 79 comments I was just looking at a few today, actually. And I added a book to my TBR.

message 7: by Cait (new)

Cait Poytress (caitertot) | 604 comments I didn't even really see the ads in the past; my eyes just skipped right over them.

A week or two ago though, one caught my eye: Dark Places A Novel. I think it was partly due to the cover, partly due to the Stephen King rec attached. The description sounded awesome, so I put in a hold request at my library and am eagerly awaiting my turn.

message 8: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Thanks everyone! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. It's good to know that some of you do notice and click on those ads. Perhaps I will place one or two of my own books there now that I know it wouldn't be a complete waste of money.

Personally, I tend to ignore all ads everywhere. Most of the time they don't even register in my brain. Sadly, I think that's a result of being constantly beseiged with ads, whether in magazines, online, or on TV. I was wondering if advertising even worked anymore. It's nice to know that not everyone is as jaded as I am yet!

Thanks again!

Ralph Gallagher | 64 comments Darcia wrote: "Thanks everyone! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. It's good to know that some of you do notice and click on those ads. Perhaps I will place one or two of my own book..."

Most of the time I ignore ads too since mostly they're just ways for large companies to make more money and they're mostly trying to trick you into wanting the product. The only time I click online ads if it's for a free site that could use the extra revenue - Here, Young Writers Society, etc.