Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Stylecitytravel Barcelona. by Arto Paasilinna

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susanna (new)

Susanna (jb_slasher) | 50 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/66...
This book has nothing to do with Finnish author Arto Paasilinna. The data coming from Amazon is incorrect and I already edited this entry once but it has reverted back to its former self. How did that happen? More importantly, what to do to correct this issue once and for all?

Also, when trying to access the librarian change log, I get an error message: "page unavailable
An unexpected error occurred. We will investigate this problem as soon as possible — please check back soon!"

On a not so related note, I haven't gotten a single email from GR since Wednesday (new discussions, friend updates, inbox messages etc.)

I'll check "Email me when people reply", see if that even works.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41094 comments Mod
1) You can submit suggested changes to Amazon. But author data does NOT get overridden when someone does an Amazon refresh here, so that really shouldn't be the problem anyway.

2) The other issues are Feedback group issues. And have been reported by others.

message 3: by Susanna (new)

Susanna (jb_slasher) | 50 comments Thanks, rivka. I did get a notification email about this reply. So yay :)

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Also, I finally got the librarian log to cooperate, and it shows only my edit. So I'm guessing the book may have somehow been deleted and reimported?

message 5: by Susanna (new)

Susanna (jb_slasher) | 50 comments Could be. I did edit the entry a month ago (or two, maybe even three). I remember because it was a pain to find the original authors. Is there a time limit for the librarian log; how far back does it show? If someone edited the entry two months ago, would it show up now? Which would be logical, right?

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Susanna wrote: "If someone edited the entry two months ago, would it show up now?"

Yes. I've seen edits from much farther back than that.

message 7: by Susanna (new)

Susanna (jb_slasher) | 50 comments Okay. I'm out of ideas. Since I'm not really experienced in this, I'd put my money on delete/reimport. Thanks for looking into this :)