Kenyons Minions discussion

Archive Dark-Hunter Discussions > Series' Fourth Arc **possible spoilers**

Comments Showing 1-50 of 165 (165 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments As we (all) know, SK mentioned the series is divided in four arcs – Acheron, Jaden, Savitar, and someone we haven’t met yet.

Well, that was before Bad Moon Rising introduced us to a new and intriguing character. He’s old enough to make Fang look like an embryo, he loves talking in riddles, no one knows who’s side he’s on, and he appears to be Savitar’s buddy.

Now, this might be wishful thinking, but my theory is Thorn might be the last (fourth) piece of the puzzle. What do you think? I wouldn’t mind at all.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 3 comments Alathea wrote: "As we (all) know, SK mentioned the series is divided in four arcs – Acheron, Jaden, Savitar, and someone we haven’t met yet.

Well, that was before Bad Moon Rising introduced us to..."

I was thinking the same thing. I can't wait for her to update the website!

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 126 comments oohhh I think that is a good possibility

message 4: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Whew. Glad I wasn't alone. ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed. And even if we're wrong, I sure hope to see more of the guy in the future. He...intrigues me.

message 5: by Lil (new)

Lil (LilMar) | 13 comments He is definitely....interesting...in more ways than one!

message 6: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn I think so, although I kind of hope not. I really don't care for this character.

message 7: by Rebecca (Bec) (new)

Rebecca (Bec) | 58 comments Well I think the the Main Arcs are all really ick arse and powerful, and I think thorn fits into it rather well. But I think need to see more of him like I have with the others before I can really tell. We have only seen him pop up a coule of times. It would also be inroducing yet another group of gods, with angels and demons etc.

message 8: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments I have a feeling- and this may be a little far fetched- but you know how Acheron was the good while Stryker was bad? I'm thiking Thorn is the bad while Sav is the good. Although we don't really know much about Savitar yet he just seems more like an Ash type. Thorn on the other hand is the better of the evil side. His father is after all Lucifer.

message 9: by Rebecca (Bec) (new)

Rebecca (Bec) | 58 comments Chasidy wrote: " but you know how Acheron was the good while Stryker was bad? I'm thiking Thorn is the bad while Sav is the good."

I like that theory! you never know! you could be telling people "I told you so" in all the discussion boards!

message 10: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Lets hope so. ;) I do enjoy saying, " I told you so". HAHA!

message 11: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) I'm definitely of the mindset that Thorn's going to be the fourth arc. I personally, however, don't believe that he'll be the pseudo-bad guy in the equation, though. I see him more along the lines of a character that battles good and evil inside his own soul. An inner demon, if you will. Sometimes he "wins," as in saving Fang while he was in the Other realm, and other times he "looses," such as not being forthcoming with the details about how to kill Phrixis.

Which, in my mind, is SO awesome as a concept.

message 12: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments Yeah, because NONE of the Author Goddess' characters are ever only good or only bad.

message 13: by Fangirl Musings (last edited May 07, 2010 05:11PM) (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Hmmm, well, I don't know if I agree with "none" of the characters...Simi and Nim are amoral, they're neither good nor bad nor both. They have their own set of morals they follow. And the same can be said for the DH kids. A lot of the female heroines, though, could be noted as being 'good.' Many might argue they are completely moral.

But I do definitely agree with you, Cindi, that the male leads are mostly an interesting mixture of both. After, it's like Alexion says in Sins of the Night...

"Then let me put it to you this way. There is seldom black and white in our world. Sometimes things we perceive as good have moments of profound evil, but profound evil will always tell you that it’s always good. It never admits that it could, in any way, be evil." - Alexion

message 14: by valee (new)

valee This post is from Dhfan4life, I had to relocate it because it belongs to this thread.

Ok so this morning possiblities on who the 4th Arc might be about hit me. And I just had to share before I forgot. First theory is that it is possibly over Ash's real dad. I say that cause that half charonte tid bit of info is still sticking in my mind. And the fact that I still to this day and this far into the books, do not believe that Archon could have had the balls to create someone like Ash. Not to mention how much affection Apollymi has for her Charonte demons save for Xirena (whom I believe knows the truth about Ash but was forced to keep her lips closed about the matter as it might have shamed Apollymi to be stepping out of her marriage to get a child she couldn't have with her own husband). And in general I have also always felt that it is truly weird how nothing about Ash's father's side of things isn't mentioned at all(i.e. we have knowledge over his "human" father the king and snippets over Archon. But didn't any one else ever wonder about how COMMON that knowledge was? I mean out of so many books the stories about Archon are re-told in one form or other. And the treatment of Ash in his human life may not have been fully revealed prior to his book. But we knew it would be pretty bad as he was the first coming from the truly ancient times. But we also know that Gods and Goddesses like to keep many secrets and nothing ever really comes out til they usually want it to or forced to tell it. And I think as another tactic to save him. Apollymi kept her lips sealed about who his real father was, so that the other Atlanteans would truly think that the child she carried was a child of her union with Archon and no one would dispute it being a legitimate baby born of their union. But in reality when she had to cut her stomach open and send him into the human world to save him. Wasn’t it a little odd how she never really batted an eye lash at her son being blue? I can’t fully recall all of the details from that scene. But I think at most she noted that his eyes matched hers. And apparently even in that moment of holding and being with him, she wouldn’t dare allow herself to even think about his skin tone possibly coming from his father). So yea I think that is why the 4th arc might be over Ash’s father coming back into his life.

My second theory might be some what far fetched. But I think that the other person this arc could be over is Xedrix’s and Kerryna’s baby. I know it is still a rather young child/demon for now. But considering the history between the Gallu and the Charontes being not on the best footing. I would imagine a pair of them having a child together would no doubt be demon Armeggedon in and of itself. Not only that but hasn’t it struck any one else as odd that their child is a live and in the story a bit. The name or the sex of the child is not mentioned at all? I mean in No Mercy it was crying for it’s mother and we know that it gets loved and comforted. But what is up with hiding the name and sex of the baby if he or she isn’t potentially a major character down the road? Not to mention has any one else noticed that now that Xirena is settled into some place she can call home and so is Xedrix. Why has there been no actual meeting up of them and Simi? I know it was a deleted scene at the end of one of the books. But come on that is too much of a coincidence to me that it got deleted. As I think that scene could have led to us learning more about the Charonte demons with all 3 of them being together like that for sure. Might also have started and all out smack down between Xirena and Kerryna as we know how much Xirena can’t stand the Gallu in any form. So all in all I think based off this and the fact that we barely have any substantial Charonte demon information about their history and how the Atlanteans controlled them is what leads me to believe more would be revealed if the 4th arc person was actually a Charonte or at least half of one that was passed down stories of their history. Not to mention that I think we would need an arc over someone that is a demon. Ash is half demon and God but mostly tied to the dark-hunters, Jaden is from the Primal Source, and even Savitar is a mortal with God powers, so why not have the 4th arc be about a demon with a mixed history/story?

And my last theory on who the 4th arc would be about, is Ash’s baby. Again the baby isn’t even 6 months yet from where we left off. But keep in mind and depending on how much is revealed about the child in future books. I think that SK might go into mystery mode about this baby like she is with Xedrix’s. Meaning we won’t find out the name and sex or even powers til much later on. And as the child isn’t officially born yet we don’t really know him or her at all. And as I had mentioned before in another post. That this child will be the first/second Atlantean God or Goddess born in a really long time. So there is no doubt in my mind that this kid is going to be a minor blip in the story. And who knows what destiny that child will have most especially if Ash is the Harbinger. Then what/who will this kid be? And the child also might be the ticket to learning more about the Atlantean panthenon and no doubt the one to loosen Apollymi’s lips about whose Ash’s father is if the baby just happens to get some abilities that are inherited from not Ash or Apollymi at all.

message 15: by valee (new)

valee I don't think the forth ARC (Which I still have no clue what it means... What does ARC mean?) will be one of the babies because too much time would have to pass. But I specially don't think it will be Xedrix’s and Kerryna’s baby because neither of them is too powerful, not at least as the other ARCS so why would their baby be that powerful?

I loved the theory about Ash having another dad though. Really good. Definitely an interesting twist.

message 16: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Thank you. :) I knew I had seen it some place and I couldn't recall.

message 17: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Lady Vale wrote: "I don't think the forth ARC (Which I still have no clue what it means... What does ARC mean?) will be one of the babies because too much time would have to pass. But I specially don't think it will..."

The arc thing is more or less the different branches of the story. As I recall SK said a long time ago she was going to do the story in 4 parts. One over Ash, Savitar, Jaden, and this 4th mysterious person no one knows about just yet. Hence my theories were bubbling over this morning after re-reading some of the other posts.

As for Xedrix and Kerryna's baby theory. I think he or she would be a new breed of demon that would be stronger than both the Charonte and Gallu. Because after all we do know that nothing can really stop a Charonte demon save for the Atlanteans on the one hand. And on the other I believe it was said in Devil May Cry that the Dimme were stronger than the Gallu. And were created in case the Gallu weren't effective enough to do the job. To which Kerryna was the one Dimme that escaped when Sin and the others were re-sealing the tomb in Devil May Cry. And it was said that for whatever reason she was drawn to New Orleans. Where Xed found her and they were pretty much hooked up ever since. So I don't know if that is fate playing with their destinies. Or if they were meant to get together to have a powerful kid. But I think the fates might have had something to do with it. As we know that the Gallu and the Charontes can not stand each other at all. So what exactly make 2 of them sleep with the enemy so to speak? And in general I just want to know more about the Charontes period. I mean I love me some Simi with the best of em. But I still feel like I don't know a darn thing about her race other than a few snippets of info. And heck why not have the baby be a lead into learning more about their world?, lol. As well as getting that poor kid a name and finding out the gender too.

message 18: by valee (new)

valee Thanks for explaining that to me,lol, that was the idea I had.

message 19: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Smith | 17 comments I think Thorn, because it was mentioned somewhere that Ash, Savitar and Jaden have something to fear with him...
Also it's very interesting-why the hatred between Jade and Thorn?
I think it will be a great story...

message 20: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Possibly. But we already know Thorn sort of. And if it is someone we never met before, I think it also has to have been someone close to the story but never mentioned. Kind of like hiding in plain sight sort of deal.

message 21: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Smith | 17 comments But maybe she said it will be an unknown BEFORE we met Thorn. I don't know, just guessing here...

message 22: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments True, she did say it was someone unknown on her site eons ago. But lately with everyone and their cousin having a secret going on at times its a mystery who is really known and who really isn't known, ya know? lol.

message 23: by Danni (new)

Danni (dannicabbage) | 2 comments im thinking i need a re-read soon coz some of this has me muddled oh i want the 4th arc to be female as much as i love the guys (how could you not) i'd like a powerful woman

Cheryl aka Pashion (ExRockGoddess) | 13 comments Don't forget Marissa ... Amanda and Kyrian's daughter... she is a key to something? They have mentioned this several times... Stryker wanted Nick to get her ... Nick couldn't do it so he avoided Stryker now I think he has away around drinking from Stryker by being with Artemis...
And of all the people that died in the book when Nick's mom died, one of the sisters died, the only ones he brought back and made immortal were Kyrian and Amanda... there has to be a reason we do not know yet!

message 25: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Oooh nice theories ladies. And yea Marissa could be key to something, hell her whole family could be. As SK never explained where and how Amanda had these strong pyschic abilities like that. I mean she is her own little version of a demi-goddess with the stuff she can do I think. Where as Tabby's empath abilities seem kind of normal in a way. But it was never mentioned if other sisters had abilities too or not. Hmmm. I just can't wait to figure out who it is.

message 26: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn I would think that it wouldn't be Marissa, as (if I remember the old website right), Sherri said "someone we haven't met yet" before Acheron came out, and Marissa had been born by then.

message 27: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments True AJ. But still sometimes someone we don't know could be hiding in plain sight too. Hence my original theories about Simi's possible niece/nephew being the mystery person. As they are sort of already known but not really known. But in general I'm sure we'll see soon enough.

message 28: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Well, we hadn't been introduced to them at that point. So it is a possibility. ;-)

message 29: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments True enough. Or Ash's dad. Which it is believed to be one person but we keep getting clues it wasn't that person. So he could be another in plain sight individual too.

message 30: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn See, when they say that Ash is half Charonte, I always assumed that Apollomi was part Charonte, so it was her side of the family that had those genes. Maybe not though.

It would make sense for her to seek comfort in one of her guardians when her husband was cheating on the Fates' mother.

message 31: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Well I always figured she had the God part covered. And I always thought it was more than a little interesting how it was alway spoken about how the charontes were loyal to the Atlanteans. But when we see a bit into their world. It is discovered that the Charonte are way more loyal to Apollymi and the other Atlantean Gods kind of feared them. And also there was the bit in the earlier prologue in Wulf's book where it was saying that Apollymi couldn't get pregnant with Archnon. So that is why he created Atlantis and their people for her. But yea I believe she did sleep with one of her demons to get back at him for keep having babies with other women. And also to get something of hers alone that he couldn't provide.

message 32: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Smith | 17 comments But in Acheron, wasn't she soooo pissed because(other than the obvious) he was willing to kill HIS OWN son with her, just because his bastard daughters said a prophecy...
I may have gotten some things mixed up, though...

message 33: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Yes, you are right, Mimi. But the fates were young and untrained at the time, and they didn't say if Acheron was Archon's biological son or not. Just that Acheron's birth would signal the end of the pantheon.

His parentage isn't 100% certain.

message 34: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Smith | 17 comments Oh, ok then...

message 35: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments And I still think Archnon was too much of a weenie to be Ash's dad anyway. I mean what kind of coward would want to take out Ash before he is even born in favor of 3 other some what vindicative Goddesses at the time?

message 36: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Smith | 17 comments Well it would definitely be more interesting if his dad was someone else. Esp. a Charonte...

message 37: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I say there is no 2 ways about it. His dad has to be a charonte. After all when Apollymi cut him from her stomach he was blue and demony looking even then. And as far as we have seen and read no other Gods/Goddesses of any panthenon has that going for them regardless how mad they get. Including and especially his mom.

message 38: by Elsie (new)

Elsie (aussiemom2) | 3 comments I forget which book, but it was mentioned to Nick that Acheron was in fact half charonte demon and half human when he was born into the human world.

Which is confusing considering that Apollymi (The Destroyer) said that because of his father being (Archnon) the God of Creation, it's why Acheron has the power to give life, and being the "final fate". A Charonte doesn't have the power to bring back the dead.

message 39: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Or maybe Apollymi has some secrets of her own that we don't know about. Or that yet again Savitar could never really tell Ash. Just like how he couldn't tell him it would be his mom that helped Stryker learn how to be a daimon. Kind of have to keep in mind that the Gods/Goddesses have no problems with lying or with holding stuff about themselves unless really back into a corner to tell another soul. And we also don't know who could have died in Apollymi's family prior to her killing off the rest. Cause if someone else died, then she possibly could have taken their powers. Or the Charonte she was with was also a combo of half God half Demon himself. But never know as no one knows how the Atlanteans even managed to control the Charontes in the first place. So there is no doubt a lot of well kept secrets that I'm sure would be revealed if someone was bold enough to ask the right questions in their world. Til they do, we'll never know. And it was in One Silent Night when Menyara told Nick about Ash.

message 40: by RAIN (new)

RAIN  (rain_holt) | 16 comments I don't see how Apollymi would be part Charonte if her Dad is Chaos and her mother is the north wind, so wouldn't it have to be his dad...?
I honestly think it would be interesting (but this is so far off) if Ash gets a sister and about the first time you see her she's like 17, cause they never said HOW Savitar contained the the dead Atlantean gods powers.
Hormonal teen + Unknown god powers = Very funny

message 41: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Hmm that would interesting Civia. Although I think in one way or another he might have given them to other Gods in various panthenons to maintain the order of things. But Ash with a sister would be something else. Could likely see her and Simi getting very well then. :D

message 42: by RAIN (new)

RAIN  (rain_holt) | 16 comments thats is totally true

message 43: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments And I could only imagine how much stuff would be in his house if Simi, her sister, and the hypothetical sister were all shopping on QVC. Ash would never see the light of day again being buried in all that stuff.

message 44: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments A wait a minute come to think of it though, Ash did have a sort of adoptive sister in a way. Ryssa almost forgot about her.

message 45: by RAIN (new)

RAIN  (rain_holt) | 16 comments yeah, and there's Ryssa, but thats forever ago, it'd be interesting to see how he handles someone else now, he can handle immortals but a teenage girl?

message 46: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments He has Simi. Heck he has enough stuff going on with her. She a big teenager that just happens to eat alot of stuff and totally spends too much. He still has years to go with that.

message 47: by RAIN (new)

RAIN  (rain_holt) | 16 comments true, she should have her own book

message 48: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yea she will. Just quite a bit of growing up to do. Someone said in another thread around these parts her HEA will be Nim. And if that is the case they both got a lot of growing to do.

message 49: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments I just re-read No Mercy and again am intrigued by Thorn . . . is he related to Sav?

message 50: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (last edited Mar 10, 2011 08:54PM) (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments We don't know yet Cindi. But who knows they do have a sort of rocky relationship for sure. Me thinks has something to do with Apollymi perhaps.

« previous 1 3 4