European Royalty discussion

Other Discussions > Book Give-away The White Queen

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments By Alyce of At Home With Books, http://athomewithbooks.blogspot.com/2...

message 2: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments Fun giveaway! I signed up :)
TFS!

message 3: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments If you win come on over and join the Richard III group. We're reading it next month as soon as we all get our library copies. No one is planning on buying it :)

There are several more giveaways you can find links to them at Historical Tapestry, http://historicaltapestry.blogspot.co...

message 4: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments I've already got it on hold at the Library - I'm #12 and I think something like 30 copies have been ordered. Anyway, I'll join your discussion for sure! Sounds like fun :)

message 5: by Nona (new)

Nona (goodreadscomnona) | 145 comments Are you going to read it Misfit? I'm curious about this one but fear buying it for disappointment.

message 6: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments Nona wrote: "Are you going to read it Misfit? I'm curious about this one but fear buying it for disappointment."

Nona, I'm going for the library. I'm #2 on the hold list so I'll have it as soon as they do. We're doing a group read over at the R3 group and not necessarily all PG fans so it should get lively.

Tanzanite just posted a review on her blog.

message 7: by Nona (new)

Nona (goodreadscomnona) | 145 comments really, Tanzanite read it, hmm I'll have to check her review out first. thanks. by the way have you ever used paparebackswap to swap books?

message 8: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments Nona wrote: "really, Tanzanite read it, hmm I'll have to check her review out first. thanks. by the way have you ever used paparebackswap to swap books?"

Not yet, but I really should I have a boxfull I could start with. Or Bookmooch. You could start a thread and see how many others participate.

message 9: by Nona (new)

Nona (goodreadscomnona) | 145 comments I'm not brave enough to under take such a project. I have alot ofthose bodice ripper romances that I want to get rid of for more HF stuff and thought I might try a swap site out.

message 10: by Tanzanite (new)

Tanzanite | 76 comments Nona wrote: "really, Tanzanite read it, hmm I'll have to check her review out first. thanks. by the way have you ever used paparebackswap to swap books?"

I use paperback swap and love it! I have gotten so many books from there and it's amazing what gets posted sometimes out of the blue. I really recommend it.

message 11: by Nona (new)

Nona (goodreadscomnona) | 145 comments well i just joined but can't hardly find what I want, am i doing this wrong or what, aaarrrgh.

message 12: by Tanzanite (new)

Tanzanite | 76 comments I don't want this thread to go too off-topic, but the best way to get the books you want is to put them on your wish list - you can have up to 200 books. That puts you in a que and as the books become available then they are offered to the next person in line. When you do a search, it will only initially show the books that are currently available to be requested. In the search options (to the left of the screen after it shows you what is available), change the top box from show "available books" to "all books". This will then show you ones that are not available that you can then add to your wish list by clicking the little "wishlist" button. You can then go see the list of books on your wishlist (under "my account") and see what place you are and watch it change. Some out of print books may take a while to get posted (if ever) but you just never know. If you already knew all of that, sorry that I didn't tell you anything new that might help!:) If you have any other questions that I can try and answer for you, feel free to send me a message (and I"m Tanzanite over there as well).

message 13: by Nona (new)

Nona (goodreadscomnona) | 145 comments oh thank you very much, I think i might have another favorite site, I've already ordered 5 books ;)

message 14: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments Good info! I've considered using one of those sites, too - will have to check out Paperbackswap soon - it sounds awesome :)

message 15: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments Misfit, when does your White Queen read start?
I thought I'd have my copy from the Library yesterday, but still haven't seen an email...

message 16: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments Mandy it starts on the 20th but only two members at R3 have copies so it's no hurry. The email went out late last week. At least I got one. My library's copies haven't come in yet. Still waiting....