Vampire Romance Lovers discussion

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (new)

Andy | 1 comments Hi, I'm new to good reads, I'm a Vamp fan, My favorits are the Black Dagger Brotherhood books!

message 2: by Magen (new)

Magen (magen0222) | 7 comments hi and welcome

message 3: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Hi Andy,
Welcome to goodreads and to our group!:) BDB is one of my faves! I'm currently reading Lover Unbound! Do you have any other favs?

message 4: by Orange (new)

Orange | 2 comments HI IM TASHA,
IM NEW TO GOODREADS
BUT IVE ALWAYS BEEN A VAMPIRE FAN

message 5: by Jesika (new)

Jesika hola !

message 6: by Cameron (new)

Cameron | 52 comments vamps are the coolest. esp. if you add warewolfs and everything to the mixxxx

message 7: by Hanim (new)

Hanim | 1 comments I love GoodReads, there are so many unique and different groups to join and learn from!
I love the Twilight series, I think Stephenie Meyer did a great job from beginning to end (even though the second book was a bit melodramatic, even for a teen-love story)..
HOWEVER, one of the best and older series is from author L.J. Smith - her stories are great, and, I think built a great base for the new authors to continue this genre of story..
Check out "The Vampire Diaries" (yes, CW did pick up the rights and build their show from this series) and also "The Forbidden Game" collection. Even though it is not about vampires, it does have the good/evil story and it is just down right awesomeness.

If there are other series out there, let me know! I am ALWAYS looking for a good book!

message 8: by Lara (new)

Lara (elbe) Hey! Another new one to goodreads, I'm Lara - 32 living in Charleston, SC. I run a circus at home with a beautiful, wild 2 year old son, a husband of 10 years that is just as wild (who hates me reading because he is such an attention hog:)), 2 sweet, fun Australian Cattle Dogs (that run around the home as if they actually are herding cattle), and the only other female in the home - my purring savior in the storm - my cat. Needless to say.....reading is my form of R&R!!

I joined GoodReads because I am always looking for 'what next' - and enjoy getting into discussions when I've really gotten into a book - especially a series. Obviously I joined this group because I am into basically all things paranormal and I don't know anyone on this site!! So I wanted to list a couple of my favorites and if my taste runs along yours or if you have any suggestions on what I should get into next - please don't be shy to friend request - I need to find some people to follow to get ideas from :)!!

My Favorites, so far:
The Fever Series by Karen Moning
The Mortal Insturments by Cassandra Clare
The Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Nice to meet y'all;)!!

message 9: by Haylee (new)

Haylee | 5 comments hi,
another good one to read is the blue blood series. The fourth book just came out.

message 10: by Cameron (new)

Cameron | 52 comments i love reading umm i'V BEEN ON HERE FOR A LITTLE WHILE..IM 16 SOON TO BE 17..(kinda)....april...CANT WAIT.:)

message 11: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Hi, I'm Jamie, hoping to find another active Vamp/Paranormal Romance Group to follow on Good reads. If I had to pick favorite books, I'd go with the BlackDagger Brothers (of course) I started the Undead series by Mary Janice Davidson, loved the first book getting ready to read the second. I dig talking about all kinds of books and speculating on a whole lot of "what if's" for series books...

message 12: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 2 comments hi im new and i ove vampire bookd!

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 2 comments hi im new and i ove vampire bookd!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, Im new to Goodreads.
My first Vampire romance novel that i loved was Twilight. I've read many Vampire books since then, and there awesome.

message 15: by Inkspeckle (new)

Inkspeckle | 3 comments I agree, The Black Dagger Brotherhood has to be the best vamp series I've read. Isn't it nice to finally have a vampire who is not afraid to get dirty!

message 16: by Lindsay (last edited Nov 28, 2009 09:46AM) (new)

Lindsay (lindsaylynx) Hey, name's Lindsay and I love the Twilight series, and the BDB series. And anything other random vampire books i seem to always stumble upon. =)
Oh, and i love True Blood (haven't read the books yet, are they any good?)

message 17: by Teri (new)

Teri Jackson (terbear) | 7 comments hi i am teri and i love vampire books like the house of night and twilight was good to and i really want to read the black dagger brotherhood. :D

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie (katielynn1978) | 2 comments Lindsay wrote: "Hey, name's Lindsay and I love the Twilight series, and the BDB series. And anything other random vampire books i seem to always stumble upon. =)
Oh, and i love True Blood (haven't read the books y..."

The books are fantastic! They're very different from the show, or rather since the books came first, the show is different. The characters are mostly the same though. You should definitely read them!!

message 19: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (lindsaylynx) I'll definitely have to borrow them from my friend who is crazy about both the books and the show.
First I should get through my growing list of books at home, :)

message 20: by ciera (new)

ciera | 25 comments HI!

message 21: by Jess (new)

Jess (jessxxtinka) | 21 comments hey im new too HAHA i have a 3 page list of books i want to read and they all include paranormal romance in some way. most of them are vamp books to. i always fiond myself reading nowadays, ever since i watched twiloght and fell in love... went out bought the first book and read it in under 16 hours. ever since them i am always reading something. im always looking for new great book to add to my list as im moving through it quite quickly. i have read 3 books in under 2 weeks(city of bones, city of glass and hush hush)
love to meet new people here so send me a message if ya wanna chat
xx

message 22: by ciera (new)

ciera | 25 comments thats cool