Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

LDS Basic Beliefs and Discussion > Discussion - Plan of Happiness

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Jayda | 2300 comments Mod
Discuss all you like about the Plan of Salvation!

message 2: by Halley (new)

Halley (jacketgirl) | 103 comments I need to do a family home evening lesson about this for Personal Progress. Any suggestions?

message 3: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Hm... Good question! I'll try to help think something up ^^

What part of Personal Progress is it? Maybe I can do something like this, too =P

message 4: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I have a suggestion, though I'm not sure how great of an idea this might be.

Maybe you could give each member of your family a pieace of paper and a pen or pencil and ask them to write the most important things that they want to achieve, or have achieved in their life (for younger kids, tell them to write down the toys or games they want the most right now).

Once it's done have them all read it outloud and read yours outloud.

Ask each one how hard they would be willing to get to that, or how hard they did work for it. Once everyone has shared, ask if it would or has made them happy, and how they felt when they got there, or how they imagined they would feel when they got there.

Then lead them into the Plan of Happiness by saying something like: "The best things have to be worked for, like the Plan of Happiness." Ask them how you have to work to get to the Celestial Kingdom, ask them if they realize how hard they worked before we came to earth in order to have agency, and ask how hard they should work right now even if they don't.

Then start from the beginning by teaching about the forming of the Plan, moving onto us fighting for our agency, and then coming here to earth. Talk about how hard it can be and is to achieve eternal salvation, but knowing and realizing that it's what will make you eternally happy is what can keep you going and help you want to work harder.

Move onto what will happen after death, how even after death we work as servants of God until the judgment day. Then lead into the judgment day by telling everyong how what we worked for will be given us - good or bad. If we've worked hard enough for the Celestial Kingdom we'll have worked hard for an achievement greater than all and that we will live in Paradise.

Tell them how important you know it is, bear your testimony, and then close it.

I hope that helped :)

message 5: by Halley (new)

Halley (jacketgirl) | 103 comments Thanks! That was great! It's faith somewhere.

message 6: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

No problem! ^^

Oh, I've probably already done it, then. I was hoping it was in Virtue xD

message 7: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Hehe, I used the lesson above this past Sunday xD It was fun and interesting.

message 8: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (thellenator) | 143 comments the plan of happiness:)
it pretty much says all of it in it's title:)

message 9: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments definitely!