Lois McMaster Bujold Fans discussion

Sharing Knife Series > Would you like a nice slice of plunkin pie? Food in the Sharing Kinfe universe

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiri (new)

Kiri (kirious) | 147 comments Mod
How about those plunkins? Brilliant. The diet of the Lakewalkers seems more limited than the farmers, but they do have the versatile plunkin on their side.

message 2: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

Vorlady | 285 comments Mod
Plunkin is very cool!! I love that they need to nudge them with magic to make them grow!

message 3: by Kiri (new)

I also love that Fawn thinks to bring plunkin ears with them when they leave the Lakewalkers. Smart girl!

message 4: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

Vorlady | 285 comments Mod
She is. She's always thinking about things and wondering and putting things together or trying to understand.

I think it's important for her to make their life together bring parts and pieces of each of their "former" lives together and make it into something new and special and theirs.

But she jumps right in trying to learn how to do things the lakewalker way even though it's so completely different from what she learned growing up on the farm.

message 5: by Kiri (new)

She is SO adaptible. Which seems to not necessarily be a farmer trait - just a Fawn trait. And clearly Dag is a pretty adaptible fellow, too; he ends up pulling up roots just as much as she does.