The Phantom's Opera: Book and Musical discussion

Susan Kay's Phantom

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read half of it and if you haven't read it you absolutely need to.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

what is it?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It's a novel. It goes through Erik's history, like in Persia and stuff (much cooler in this book than in Leroux.) It ends up with Raoul (who this book makes me hate more, if that's poosible) telling the story.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

awesome!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!111 i wanna read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Outline of the book:

Part 1. Told form Erik's mother's perspective.

Part 2. Told from Erik's perspective, when he is with th egypsies.

Part 3.Told from the perspective of Giovanni, a master mason who befriends.

Part 4. Told from the Persian's point of view, when Erik is in Persia.

Part 5. Told from Erik's perspective when building the Paris Opera house.

Part 6. Told alternatively from Erik and Christine's perspective, during all the Erik/Christine stuff.

Part 7. Told from Raoul's perspective when Erik and Christine are mostly dead. :( Christine had a son, Charles, who we get to meet.

message 6: by Hope (new)

Hope I will definitely have to read this!

message 7: by Hope (new)

Hope I really wanted to read it and I went to the library today but my library is tiny and we don't have it:(

message 8: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 40 comments That seems awesome!
I saw a different version if the play, by kopit and yeston... After seeing webbers, it was awful. The plot was ttly different, the music far frm as beautiful. The only thing I liked was that u met phantoms dad, and he killed carlotta.

message 9: by Hope (new)

Hope oh dear!