Young Adult Reader Club discussion

*September Book Nominations*

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (missjenna) | 586 comments Mod
It's that time again,so post your nominations for a book you would like us to read for September.

This month will work a bit differently then in the past. There will be a few different categories for you to nominate a book for, and they are as follows.

Category #1:
This category is just our general open selection. This can be any book that you'd like for us to read.

Category #2:
This is our Theme selection. A Nomination in this category must be a book that was released the previous month.

Category #3:
This is our series selection. A Nomination in this category must be a book that is part of a series.

When making your nominations please indicate which category you are making the nomination for.

Once we have enough books for each category I will be making separate polls for each,that we can all vote on.

Thanks everyone,I look forward to seeing what you all come up with!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Jenna, I would like to nominate something for Category 2. However, should it be a book prior to the month we will be reading (meaning it comes out in August), or a book prior to this month (meaning it came out in July)?

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey For Category 1: I'd like to nominate Girl Overboard

For Category 2 I'd like to nominate Eyes Like Stars and Prophecy of the Sisters.

For Category 3: I'd like to nominate Uglies.

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie (kaitrosereads) I second Kristen on Eyes Like Stars and Prophecy of the sisters.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

message 6: by Jenna (new)

Great nominations so far!

message 7: by Jenna (new)

Linda Grace wrote: "Jenna, I would like to nominate something for Category 2. However, should it be a book prior to the month we will be reading (meaning it comes out in August), or a book prior to this month (meanin..."

I think either will work just fine,I'm not going to be super picky about that. Just as long as it came out recently.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds good. I like Kristen's nominations, but I will see if I can find another one.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Category 1. I'd like to nominate The Secret Garden by Frances Hogen Burnett

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

message 11: by Jenna (new)

Brittany, great nomination that is one of the books I have listed for my book challenge so that would be fun to read as a group!

message 12: by Dee-Dee (new)

Dee-Dee (deidramichelle) | 5 comments I'd like to nominate Heavy in the Game by J. Love. A sample about the book is at www.jlovebooks.com

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Category 3:

Evermore by Alyson Noel...It is the first book of The Immortals series.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Ashley, that is a good one. I really want to read the new one, so if we use that one, we can read the new next month! :) I was going to nominate the new one for category 2, but I know not everyone has read the first one yet.

message 15: by Jenna (new)

That's a great idea! I've really been wanting to read Evermore. It's great that it would fit into both categories!

message 16: by Jenna (new)

Thanks everyone for your great nominations that you've posted here and messaged me with. I think we have enough books for each category now so I will be making the polls and inviting you to vote shortly!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay!! Voting is my favorite part! :)

message 18: by Jenna (new)

I know mine too! I love polls! That was really fast too,the nominations came flooding in! Thanks everyone for participating!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

:D You say polls and everyone comes running!

message 20: by Jenna (new)

hehe, yeah seriously!