What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: Kids; Girl "grades" each day in a journal, Judy Blume? [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C (new)

C Breeden | 4 comments Cannot remember main plot...the girl (age 10, maybe?) keeps a daily journal. Each night she "grades" her day...one night she gives an A b/c she got to play in the snow and then come inside and drink hot chocolate with her family. I thought this was by Judy Blume. If not, it is a Judy Blume style book, like Are You There God, Its Me Margaret, etc.
Thanks!

message 2: by Leela4 (new)

Leela4 | 117 comments "Harriet the Spy" by Louise Fitzhugh is another diary one.

message 3: by C (new)

C Breeden | 4 comments Thanks..yeah, I remember that one, too, but thats not it. I have a feeling there was a major plotline going on..last time I read this book was over 25 years ago so the only thing I can remember is the journal!!

message 4: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments Think About It, You Might Learn Something. by Robin Supraner, 1973.

Summary:
A fourth grader records in her diary only those events which she considers most important and thought provoking.

message 5: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments I came across a book I had totally forgotten about that I read as a kid that I LOVED!! It's The Velvet Room by Zilpha Keatley Snyder The Velvet Room By Zilpha Keatley Snyder, 1965.

It doesn't match the one you're looking for, but it's a terrific read! I'm going to order it now, it's amazing what you can come up with while looking for books!

message 6: by C (new)

C Breeden | 4 comments THATS IT!!! I can't believe I waited so long to ask..years and years!! Less than 24 hrs. after I post, I get my answer! Thanks SO much! I'm ordering it off Amazon right now!

message 7: by C (new)

C Breeden | 4 comments I don't remember The Velvet Room..but I'd like to try it. I know what you mean about stumbling across books...I was looking for an affordable copy of Jellybeans for Breakfast (my fave childhood book) (can't find one under $100) and I saw a book called Miss Suzy...I probably haven't seen that book since I was 5 or 6 but I instantly recognized the cover!

message 8: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments :) Yay!!

message 9: by Wayne Baxter (new)

Wayne Baxter | 33 comments C wrote: "THATS IT!!! I can't believe I waited so long to ask..years and years!! Less than 24 hrs. after I post, I get my answer! Thanks SO much! I'm ordering it off Amazon right now!"

I know, its awesome how fast these book detectives can track down all but the most obscure titles.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 219 comments I love The Velvet Room! I don't remember anything about a diary in it, but I wanted to find my own secret library with velvet curtains after reading that book...

message 11: by April Ann (last edited Aug 08, 2009 01:20PM) (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "I love The Velvet Room! I don't remember anything about a diary in it, but I wanted to find my own secret library with velvet curtains after reading that book..."

I don't remember a diary in it either, but it may have been one of the other search keywords that pulled it up. I do remember reading it over and over again. What's funny is, I had no recollection of the book until it popped up... it was an "OH my Gawd" moment!

Here's the cover I remember from The Velvet Room as you can see it is nothing like any of the covers posted here...so...when you are looking for a book and someone posts a title that is very close to the book you're looking for, don't discount it because the cover doesn't match.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-med...