Save the Earth discussion

Sorry!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Kaitie♥ (HoodiesGirl) | 167 comments Mod
Hi Guys, sorry I haven't really been on for a while. My scheduale's been a little hectic...But i'm back and we all need to pull it back together! I'm not too worried about Summer time since we all want to be out in the sun and away from the computer! It saves Energy :) But just make sure to com eback during the School year!

message 2: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) Me too! I'm over the top, my mom keeps putting me in summer camp for performing arts all summer, and i haven't got a day for myself!!!

message 3: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Just a s long as everyone comes back during the school year :)5

message 4: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) i will!!

message 5: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Yay! :)

message 6: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 120 comments I know I will...because I am home schooled :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I will.....just later in the day because of school and work and clubs and driver's ed

message 8: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 90 comments i'll try 2 b on during the school year, but i'm going 2 b doing lots more stuff then.......

message 9: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) | 236 comments Mod
I know I'll be on during the school year.

message 10: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 90 comments oh, i'll definitely b on, but just idk if i'll do it every day or every other day, or every week, etc....i've never been 2 high school and i've never done peer tutoring and i think that i won't have that much time left over....

message 11: by Kaitie♥ (new)

:) I know i've been gone a LOT but Crew just ended but I'm going to a beach so I'll be gone for 6 days then camping for I think 4 without internet. I think we'll bring a laptop to the beach though :)

message 12: by Lilli (new)

Lilli (lillig) Yeah, since me and Kendra are going to middle school, IDK if we would have too much home work to be on Goodreads. If I do have too much home work, I will be online every Saturday.

message 13: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 90 comments middle school? homework? there's barely any, hun.

message 14: by Violet (new)

Exactly. 'Course I've only been in High School for three days now (school just started), I can just tell that there's going to much more homework. Just enjoy the less homework while it lasts....

message 15: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 90 comments i'm going 2 start freshman year of high school september 2....

message 16: by Lilli (new)

Lilli (lillig) Yeah, but you never know............but probably not

message 17: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 90 comments almost definitely not ^^ especially 6th grade...actually, i wouldn't know....

message 18: by Violet (new)

Are you guys going to try to buy recycled school things when you go back to school?

message 19: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 120 comments Yes I will.....but I dont really need any thing for going back to school....and I all ready had my big test to day

message 20: by Violet (new)

Yah that's right. You're homeschooled....

message 21: by Kaitie♥ (new)

I just bought 3 packs of recycled pencils :) And i'm using my old protractor from last year. Bought a new binder and notebooks (Sort of feel bad it's not recycled but the recycled notebooks don't have as many pages as I need). Again about school stuff though, you don't neeed to recycled stuff. It's better to just use your old ones unless you need it! Then it's good cuz you're recycling AND helping the economy! :) In about....9 days i'll be going off to 8th grade! Last year or middle school :)

message 22: by Lilli (new)

Lilli (lillig) My mom got me a recycled protractor.I just found this out.My school doesn't recycle. And because of a science project packet, the school has wasted over a thosand sheets of paper by giving the packets to all of the middle schoolers!

message 23: by Violet (new)

Ouch... Not good.

My art teacher just gave a leacher about not wasting paper and reusing and/or recycling it. She talked about how much energy it takes to make all the paper the school uses. And that it costs like 5,000 dollors per day or month or year (something like that, it was in the morning and I don't remember exactly what she said). Anyway, I just think it's cool that the ART teacher is paper wise. ART on the the most paper using subjects!! I just think that's cool.

message 24: by Christopher (new)

Christopher I would sugest an art project for your teacher to consider. Actually recycle the paper as part of an art project... I know some classes that have done that, but make it an art project to go throught he process of taking the used paper shread and soak the paper. Then strain the paper in sheet moulds. Then for contrast explain the process for making new paper. This provides a way to educate the cost of not recycling.

message 25: by Violet (new)

That does seem like a cool idea for an art project. Another cool idea would to us trash and only trash to create a peice of art. I bet those would be VERY cool looking.....

message 26: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Hi you guys! I am SOOOOOO EXTREMELY sorry I haven't been on for a while! School's homework has sort of been hectic, we got a long term hard science project the first day of school. But you guys have awesome ideas! My school is actually doing pretty good. We got those toilets that have two switches so I guess you don't use as much water? We double side our paper, we use recycled paper. One of our teachers won an award as an environmentalist. You guys have amazing art ideas! I've actually been thinking about you guys lately :) I'll try to get on as much as I can, but right now i'm still inbetween a couple projects so I might not be back for a little but I just wanted to say hi! Imisseed you guys :)

message 27: by Violet (new)

Yah, my school is not that environmentally friendly. Sure there's teachers that recycle and all but the school building it not. We have like 50 year old pluming and we still us paper towels. 'Course we're a public school so we don't have as much money as some schools but...I don't know. What's good is that they are building a new theater and art class rooms, and they're going to make them environmentally friendly, so I'm happy about that.

message 28: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Hi Violet :) I've missed you!

message 29: by Violet (new)

I've missed you too Kaitie. Nice talking to you again.

message 30: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Ya you too :)

message 31: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) hyia!!

message 32: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 120 comments Hi every one....

message 33: by Violet (new)

Glad to see yah again NSA.

message 34: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) yeah!

message 35: by Dibily Do (last edited Nov 18, 2009 05:58PM) (new)

Dibily Do | 120 comments thanks...glad to talk to you to

message 36: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) ^_^

message 37: by Kaitie♥ (new)

NSA! Yay :) You're back

message 38: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 120 comments :)...yes I am. Happy Thanksgiving

message 39: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!

message 40: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgivigin :) Hopefully some you guys bought local, used ceramic or glass plates instead of ...blanking...throwy away ones

message 41: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 120 comments Ok guys....This group is dead and no one is ever on. We need to keep this group going

message 42: by Violet (new)

You're right. EVERYONE (including me) needs to post more and create topics, ect.

message 43: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 120 comments me to!

message 44: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 120 comments So I guess invite any off your friends....I will do that

message 45: by Violet (new)

Okay. Sounds good.

message 46: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 120 comments And where is Kaitie?

message 47: by Violet (new)

She has school...and she's currently got a facebook. So she hasn't been on her often. I just got out for winter break. So I'm able to be on her more often now.

message 48: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 120 comments Ahhh....Face Book....

message 49: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Sorry, I'm here :) I promise I shall commit to this group more. Our winterbreak just started this Friday, and I'm starting to think about deleting my account on facebook. It's just a waste of time really. Violet, you'll be more on me now? :) Badgering me why I haven't been commenting? Just kidding :)

message 50: by Violet (new)

I'll be on more often now...don't you worry Kaitie.

« previous 1