teen writers discussion

help!!!!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie (cellamaba) | 4 comments I have a problem. I have all these ideas pop into my head, but I can never find the plot. Or the ending, for that matter. I can't get past the beginning!!!! Any suggestions?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Forget about plot. When in doubt write with your heart not your head. (I hope I haven't plagarised that)

message 3: by Logan (new)

Logan | 7 comments Mod
You know what? I've never thought about that. Timothy, you're right, it's okay if you plagiarized that because it's good to say. Kenzie, I agree, write with your heart and forget about all the technical stuff, sure you need some of that, but in the end, your heart should be the one telling you what to write...and if it works, your story will flow along smoothly. Hope I've helped with Timothy's help!

message 4: by Arthur (new)

Arthur | 1 comments You should try pacing your ideas, make a schedule in case you find you're too busy to write, think out your thoughts until when you feel you can get all of what you want out of your head on paper be sure to give it space enough for your creativity and rewrites and that there is going to be a plot or at least the main reason why you wrote what you did. A shorter story wouldn't need much of a plot. Also, if you feel like it get what you have on paper for bigger stories as much as you can, make a point to change your story some because most stories change at various stages to keep a reader interested, whether its an article for a magazine or a full fledged story.