Up and Coming Authors discussion

RULES / Announcments > SIGNED GIVEAWAYS FOR REVIEWS...

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (last edited Aug 06, 2009 08:00AM) (new)

Sherry (sherylmarasi) | 150 comments Mod
To increase member reading, and to help published authors get recognition, I am incorporating a giveaway each month. I will try to get the author to sign the giveaways as well. (This will continue as long as I have authors willing to do giveaways.)

How it works:

As you read and review our group reads, PLACE AN ENTRY in the Entry Thread. At the end of the month, I will put all entries into a bucket and draw the winner(s). The number of winners depends on how many books the author is willing to send out.

You are only allowed to enter for the reads of the month and only for the ones you placed a review on GR for. The reads will be listed at the top of the entry thread so there is no confusion.

Again, if you feel the book you read deserves less than 3 stars, please don't place a review on GR. For these, enter your name and simply write unable to give review.

Good luck to everyone!

message 2: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) This is a great idea!

It should be a lot of fun~

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Thanks!

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather Thomas (5peasinapod) | 2 comments I'm not sure if I'm reading this right. We are eligible to win the book if we have already placed a favorable review? Could we promise to write a good review if we win. Not sure about winning a book I have already read, but maybe I am misunderstanding.

message 5: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) No, no.

You can enter for each book you gave a good review to in this groups group read for August:

The Nine Lives of Clemenza by Holly Christine
Vasilisa and the Queen of Asps by Svetlana Kovalkova-McKenna

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Actually those two listed above (Clemenza and Vasilisa) are September reads. If you read and review those, you are eligable to enter for Loyalty's Web.

Please keep in mind, it doesn't have to be a favorable review, just one that doesn't go below 3 stars. If you feel the book you read does not deserve three stars, you can still enter the drawing because you did read the book...just send me an email informing me why you chose not to give a review.

There is still time to enter for the August read giveaway of Reunited in the Desert. Please see that thread to see which books you need to read for that drawing. I'll be doing that drawing early September.

message 7: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Sherry wrote: "Actually those two listed above (Clemenza and Vasilisa) are September reads. If you read and review those, you are eligable to enter for Loyalty's Web."

Oops, sorry.

message 8: by Sherry (new)

No worries :)

message 9: by G.H. (new)

G.H. Monroe (ghmonroe) | 28 comments So has Loyalty's Web been the subject of a group read yet? I'm wondering if I tossed in some of my books, if I would want them given away before or after the group read.

message 10: by Sherry (new)

The group reads are indie authors while the giveaways are mainstream (not sure how to label it) authors. So, they will never be a group read.

message 11: by G.H. (new)

G.H. Monroe (ghmonroe) | 28 comments Ahhhh, thank you for clarifying for this slow witted old man.

message 12: by Sherry (new)

:) You're welcome.