Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Team challenges) > PtP - Lord Licorice's Ladies (5)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 490 (490 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Sep 06, 2017 02:22PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 20722 comments Team Members

Captain: Green Fairy (Amy)
Jodi
KathyD
Susan
Kait
Maddison

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20722 comments 1. Introduce yourself to your team. Let your team members know where you are from. This is a 'nice to know' when categories are announced and when team-mates can expect other members to post their book choices.

2. Team Captain - reserve a couple of posts in this thread tracking your team's book selection and completion. (Alternatively they could convert a chat comment to the tracking post/s.)

3. Name your team. Using this round's theme of CANDY LAND, come up with a fun name. Given we are an open/public group with no age limit, so please make sure any chosen name is smart, not smutty ;)

Please PM your name to Jane(PS) by 6 September.

4. If you have a private profile, please 'friend' your team-mates. This is really important, because without this, your team-mates can't see your shelves to select a books under option 2.

5. Please post your book selections/completions in the format provided below. (This format is also posted in both the Q&A and Sign-Up threads.) We need to know the week that each book corresponds to, the page numbers, and how the book qualifies including links to lists/shelves (where applicable), etc. I can't stress this enough. When in doubt - link it*!

* don't link to your review in your completion post - reviews in your completion posts should be included in full in that post.

You don't want to start reading a book and then find it doesn't meet the requirements because some information (eg page count or theme link) was missing from your original post.

I will be monitoring this and your book will not be considered complete until I am satisfied that your selection and completion posts comply with the format rules of the challenge.

Remember - you can ONLY change your book selection in the week that the theme is called.

6. You MUST check in with your team each week, ideally once the theme is announced. Please let your team know if you expect to have spotty communication or are on holidays or having an operation.

7. When you post the completion of your book, you must post a review; enough for us to know you have actually read the book. Please don't link to a review. You must post the review in this thread.

8. Re-reads are allowed but you can't read the same book twice within this challenge.

9. There is no prize for the winning team - bragging rights only :)

10. Each week, the theme will be announced in the Q&A Annoucement thread. The full list of themes announced during this round will be maintained in msg 1 of that thread.

The Rule on the Pass Option
* Each team can only have ONE member using their pass each week.
* Each member can only use that pass once each 5 weeks.
* This means that one or two team members (dependent upon the size of your team) will miss using a pass in each 5 week block.
* No-one can use the pass option in the last week of the challenge.
* In the final week Option 2 has altered and I will be allocating each team another team from which their book selection must be chosen :)

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20722 comments Key selection and completion post information. You must have ALL elements in your book posts.

For the initial selection post Option 1 I need:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Page numbers
How the book qualifies - please insert a link to the qualifying bookshelf/list.
If the theme is based off the bookcover or a letter in the title etc, please just repeat the theme.

For the initial selection post Option 2 I need:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Page numbers
Name of the team-member, their star rating, the date they read the book.

For the completion post I need:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Rating (1-5)
Review

Please DO NOT CHAT in these selction/completion posts. It needs to be super clear.

If you 'waffle' about your decided book - please REPOST your selection once you decide. DO NOT go back and edit your waffling post.

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20722 comments I'll be tracking each team's progress separately, using the Captain's summary in each team's thread to check for accuracy.

message 5: by GreenFairy (last edited Nov 12, 2017 11:12AM) (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments Player Locations:
Green Fairy (Amy)-EST
Jodi-EST
KathyD-CTZ
Susan-CTZ
Kait-EST
Maddison

Theme Calls:
Week 1 Title starts with C
Week 2 Ice Cream Seas
Week 3 Hospital/Sickness
Week 4 Redhead
Week 5 Title or Author in Black
Week 6 Publisher MBPHL
Week 7 Female Author
Week 8 Dark Cover
Week 9 Spell Out Candy Lan
Week 10 Royalty or Nobility
Week 11 my link text

message 6: by GreenFairy (last edited Nov 12, 2017 11:13AM) (new)

message 7: by GreenFairy (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments Selections

message 8: by GreenFairy (last edited Nov 12, 2017 11:14AM) (new)

message 9: by GreenFairy (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments Completions

message 10: by GreenFairy (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments xx

message 11: by GreenFairy (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments xx

message 12: by GreenFairy (last edited Sep 01, 2017 05:40PM) (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments Good evening!

I'm GreenFairy, or Amy. Whichever you prefer.

I am east coast, Long Island, NY to be exact. But I'm in an out from around 6am to midnight.

This is my 9th round of Pass the Parcel. And I think I've been a captain all but the first couple rounds. This is one of my favorite challenges, along with Meet & Greet. Next round sign ups for that one should be coming soon. If you haven't done it before, you should try it. It really helps you to figure out what to read!

I'm a really busy person but I always make time for this. I coach softball but luckily now our season is strictly Saturday mornings. I also have a very active teenage daughter. Work has really picked up. I'm a book editor for various indie authors. As of right now, there are 3 books out that I've edited. At least one more will be published this year. And there will be 4 books that I've re-edited done this year as well. So, in a nutshell, books and softball are my life.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Players tend to overthink things and make it more difficult than it really is.

I look forward to getting to know everyone! I'm chatty...just ask Jane.

If anyone has team name suggestions, please throw them out there. I think it would be good to connect it to the theme: Candy Land, if possible.

message 13: by Kaity (new)

Kaity | 492 comments :D

Hi everyone! I'm Kait. I'm from Maine and it's about 1AM here but I just saw Jane's PM in my inbox and was too excited not to post.

My favorite romance genres are paranormal romance/urban fantasy but I read a little of everything (suspense, contemporary, YA etc).

This will be my third round of PtP! I will think on name ideas... I'm too tired to come up with anything halfway decent right now.

message 14: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 736 comments Hi! I'm Susan. I'm a Cajun girl living in nothern Alabama with my Hubs and children...we have five girls, two are still at home. They play in the band so I spend some Friday nights at football games.

I mostly read romances, which is a good thing because my BFF and I run a romance book blog LOL I do read a little but of everything though and have started a local book club with some friends.

This is my first round playing this game, but I'm not new to team challenges. I spent the last few years teaching so I cut back on my challenges. I'm home now so I can enjoy doing them again :)

message 15: by GreenFairy (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments Morning, ladies!

I'll be in and out for a few hours while I'm working. But I won't be around this afternoon or evening until later tonight. Any questions, post them and I'll answer them when I'm around.

Susan, Alabama is Central time zone, right?

message 16: by GreenFairy (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments A name that came to me last night...I was drinking so don't judge lol

Move 5 Spaces

Logic: We're Team 5 and have 5 players.

message 17: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 736 comments Yes, Alabama is central time zone.

Love the name suggestion ☺

message 18: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2996 comments Hi All! My name is self-explanatory and I am in the Chicagoland area...central time zone...I try to check in a few times each day, but real life can make that a challenge sometimes.

I read romance mostly, paranormal and contemporary are my favorites...I have played in this challenge the last couple rounds...looking forward to getting started! =)

message 19: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (jojolyn) | 415 comments Hi Team!

I am from Ohio (EST). I work in my local library, I guess it's a good thing I love books. :) I read romance (contemporary, erotica, YA) and thrillers. I have participated in this challenge once before. I'm usually on GR a couple times a day.

I can't wait to get started!

message 20: by GreenFairy (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments Good morning, ladies!

Kathy! It is you. I wonder if we'll be in the MNG group again next round.

Jodi, I'm not sure if you are the one that done the MNG challenge.

That's another challenge that I participate in every round.

Has anyone come up with any name ideas?

message 21: by Kaity (new)

Kaity | 492 comments GreenFairy wrote: "Good evening!

I'm GreenFairy, or Amy. Whichever you prefer.

I am east coast, Long Island, NY to be exact. But I'm in an out from around 6am to midnight.

This is my 9th round of Pass the Parcel..."

Nice to meet you (although we've crossed paths in M&G many times before IIRC)!

Nine rounds! :O This is one of my favorite team challenges too, along with SOS's bingo.

message 22: by Kaity (new)

Kaity | 492 comments Susan (susayq ~) wrote: "Hi! I'm Susan. I'm a Cajun girl living in nothern Alabama with my Hubs and children...we have five girls, two are still at home. They play in the band so I spend some Friday nights at football game..."

Hiya, Susan! Nice to meet you :) That sounds like a really fun thing to do with your best friend! I wish my close friends read more...or at least something other than horribly depressing fiction and self-help books :P

message 23: by Kaity (new)

Kaity | 492 comments GreenFairy wrote: "A name that came to me last night...I was drinking so don't judge lol

Move 5 Spaces

Logic: We're Team 5 and have 5 players."

I like it!! I haven't really cared for any of my ideas:

King Kandy's Court
Gumdrop Mountain Hikers
Lord Licorice's Ladies

message 24: by GreenFairy (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments Kait, I'm sure we have. Between all the different challenges I do, names sometimes slip my mind.

PTP and MNG do often cross with players.

message 25: by GreenFairy (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments Team Name Ideas:

Move 5 Spaces
King Kandy's Court
Gumdrop Mountain Hikers
Lord Licorice's Ladies

message 26: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 736 comments Kait, nice to meet you too! I do love that my BFF loves romances :) the local bookclub is going to be a real challenge for me. Our first book was nonfiction, and the current one is fiction, but not something I'd normally choose for myself.

message 27: by ☘KathyD☘ (last edited Sep 03, 2017 06:09PM) (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2996 comments *waves vigorously* Hi Green Fairy *waves vigorously*
*waves vigorously* Hi Kait *waves vigorously*

I'm not sure if I've seen Jodi or Susan around these challenges, but it'll be fun to play this round with you!

I don't have any team names...but I like Move 5 Spaces and Gumdrop Mountain Hikers!

message 28: by Jodi (last edited Sep 03, 2017 06:28PM) (new)

Jodi (jojolyn) | 415 comments Hi everyone,

Yes Green Fairy, I have done and will be doing the next MNG challenge. It is one of my faves!

I like the name Gumdrop Mountian Hikers. People can be so creative when thinking of team names. 😀

message 29: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 736 comments ☘KathyD☘ wrote: "*waves vigorously* Hi Green Fairy *waves vigorously*
*waves vigorously* Hi Kait *waves vigorously*

I'm not sure if I've seen Jodi or Susan around these challenges, but it'll be fun to play this ro..."

I haven't done a team challenge in about two years. I was teaching 2nd grade and just couldn't commit to any with the time I spent in the classroom. I've missed them and am excited to get back to it.

message 30: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2996 comments Teaching is an incredibly important job, but these challenges are so much fun! Welcome back Susan!

message 31: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 736 comments Thank you!

message 32: by Kaity (new)

Kaity | 492 comments ☘KathyD☘ wrote: "Hi All! My name is self-explanatory and I am in the Chicagoland area...central time zone...I try to check in a few times each day, but real life can make that a challenge sometimes.

I read romance..."

:D Nice to see you here!!

message 33: by Kaity (new)

Kaity | 492 comments Jodi wrote: "Hi Team!

I am from Ohio (EST). I work in my local library, I guess it's a good thing I love books. :) I read romance (contemporary, erotica, YA) and thrillers. I have participated in this challeng..."

Hi Jodi! Definitely a good thing you love books! :P I always feel so bad for people who don't get how amazing they are.

message 34: by Kaity (new)

Kaity | 492 comments Susan (susayq ~) wrote: "Kait, nice to meet you too! I do love that my BFF loves romances :) the local bookclub is going to be a real challenge for me. Our first book was nonfiction, and the current one is fiction, but not..."

Yuck, good luck! Hopefully you'll read a gem that you never would have read otherwise.

message 35: by GreenFairy (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments Good morning, ladies!

We are going to need to rethink names. Another team is named Gumdrop Mountain Maidens. While the suggestion here is Hikers, we don't really want to confuse Jane any, do we? So, input is needed! I have to let Jane know by tomorrow what our name is.

Also, we are getting another teamie! She should be joining us later today.

message 36: by GreenFairy (last edited Sep 05, 2017 06:07AM) (new)

GreenFairy (greenfairy429) | 1096 comments Sticky and Sweet Six
King Kandy's Court
Lord Licorice's Ladies-1 (Susan)

I added another name idea...

message 37: by Susan (susayq ~) (last edited Sep 05, 2017 05:35AM) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 736 comments I vote for Lord Licorice's Ladies. Makes us sound like we're in a historical romance with a rogue lord ;)

message 38: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2996 comments I like your thought process Susan! I'll go with Lord Licorice's Ladies! =)

message 39: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 736 comments ☘KathyD☘ wrote: "I like your thought process Susan! I'll go with Lord Licorice's Ladies! =)"

Thanks!

message 40: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20722 comments Hi everyone - Maddison is going to join this team. I've just sent her a PM so hopefully she'll be over soon :D

message 41: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 405 comments Hiya guys :D So keen to be here!

message 42: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2996 comments *waves*
Hi Maddison...Welcome!

message 43: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 405 comments Hey :)

message 44: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 405 comments Might need some more clarification on the rules as we go, but is anyone playing Bingo? If so, is it similar to that?

message 45: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Sep 05, 2017 03:09PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 20722 comments Maddison wrote: "Might need some more clarification on the rules as we go, but is anyone playing Bingo? If so, is it similar to that?"

Very similar - just with the additional options of 2 and 3. This game also only runs for 11 weeks and in the last week, option 2 alters. But otherwise, very similar :D

...Obviously there is no bingo board. The winning team needs to have all their books read first instead :)

message 46: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 405 comments Okay sweet :) I love the alternate options! I'll go through and friend you all now.

message 47: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 405 comments Think I've friended you all!

message 48: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 736 comments Hi Maddison!

message 49: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 405 comments Hello!

message 50: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (jojolyn) | 415 comments Hi Maddison!

@Green Fairy Lord Licorice's Ladies was my 2nd choice. I love Susan's thought. Lol! A Rogue Lord!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10