Space Opera Fans discussion

Rogue Hunter: Quest of the Hunter
This topic is about Rogue Hunter
Self-Promotion > New Space Opera Novel

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevis (last edited Aug 06, 2009 04:04AM) (new) - added it

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 6 comments My name is Kevis Hendrickson. I'd like to introduce readers to the first installment my epic sci-fi series entitled Rogue Hunter currently available for Amazon Kindle. If you are a fan of old school pulp science fiction like Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers, then I invite you to download your free sample of Rogue Hunter and see what I've cooked up for readers. Rogue Hunter is currently available to Kindle owners for the very affordable price of $2.79.

Rogue Hunter
Rogue Hunter (Chronicles of the Rogue Hunter) by Kevis Hendrickson

Thanks for considering my book. Here's the link to my Amazon sales page:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029ZANKQ

message 2: by Creature (new)

Creature | 37 comments
I love old time space opera so i'll definitely check it out.

message 3: by Kevis (new) - added it

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 6 comments Amazon's currently offering a whopping 50% discount on my novel Rogue Hunter: Quest of the Hunter. Reader reviews have been great! I invite everyone to visit the link below and check it out. Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029ZANKQ

Non Kindle-owners can get their discounted copy at the Smashwords link below. Make sure you enter the coupon code: GN38F.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 4: by Krista (new)

Krista D. (kristadb1) I will check this out! Thanks for sharing.

message 5: by Kevis (new) - added it

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 6 comments Thanks, Krista. Hope you enjoy Rogue Hunter!

message 6: by Przemek (new)

Przemek (przemo_li) | 18 comments How long it will be (how much books)?

message 7: by Przemek (new)

Przemek (przemo_li) | 18 comments Before I read it quick question.

Can you define old school space opera?

message 8: by Kevis (last edited Jul 08, 2012 03:51PM) (new) - added it

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 6 comments Przemek wrote: "Before I read it quick question.

Can you define old school space opera?"

Sure, I'd be happy to define it for you, Prezemek. Old school space opera would be considered the kind of literature that was written during the formative years of the science fiction genre between the 1930-50's. Such tales focused on grand and sometimes outlandish tales of adventure based around science fiction elements.

Authors such as Doc E.E. Smith, Richard S. Shaver, and Isaac Asimov were masters of the genre. If you haven't read any of those authors, I would say the closest thing to those "pulp" era stories were tales like Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers, or even Star Wars. The typical old school space story played out like a Western in space detailing the exploits of the main character as they hopped from planet to planet getting into all manner of mischief and adventures. That's the kind of story that Quest of the Hunter is like. It's written in the spirit of those older tales with lots of emphasis on action and adventure elements with a little speculative science thrown in for good measure.

ETA: This thread is a bit old. As a result, I didn't see your first post a couple years back. Otherwise I would have responded. Just want to say thanks for the interest and I hope you decide to download Rogue Hunter!