Q&A with Fiona Robyn discussion

Your opinions sought (readers, writers, book-buyers...)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Satya (last edited Aug 06, 2009 12:59AM) (new)

Satya Robyn | 43 comments Mod
I'd like to run something by you, lovely people.

I'm planning on blogging my ENTIRE third novel, Thaw.

The novel consists of Ruth's diary over three months as she decides whether or not she wants to carry on living.

Ruth's diary starts on March 1st, and the paperback of the book is out on February the 1st next year. I'd be blogging the book, one day per day, one month after the book comes out and over the next three months.

Here's the blog: http://read-thaw.blogspot.com

So what do you think? Would you be interested in reading an entire novel in this fashion? Might you be tempted to buy the book rather than wait for the rest of the story to appear? Have you heard anything about authors that give away books 'for free'? Would it be better to just blog the first month or two? (that feels mean to me)

I'd be really interested in your feedback.

PS I have checked this out with my lovely publishers at Snowbooks. It would have been naughty not to.

Thaw

message 2: by Satya (new)

Hi Sophie- that's very helpful, especially the links - thank you. Interesting that Zen Habits has taken that stance - the site is so well known, he must be doing something right!

It has made me think about whether I should add something to the blog about copyright or whether I'd be happy for people to reprint sections if they want. Less likely with a novel than articles I think.

Thanks for your comments! I've had some interesting comments on this at my blog to at http://www.plantingwords.com.
Warmest,
Fiona

message 3: by Donna (last edited Sep 21, 2009 10:39AM) (new)

Donna (donnasafford) I really like the idea, Fiona, and have already started following the blog. If I like a book, I will probably buy it no matter how I first read is. The same goes with "Thaw." =)

message 4: by Satya (new)

Thanks Tay, thanks Donna :)