Stephenie Meyer Fans discussion

Twilight Tuesdays: MTV > 'Breaking Dawn' To Cap Off The 'Twilight' Saga As A Trilogy?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angee, Group Creator (new)

Angee Wentz (angee_saxey) | 1234 comments Mod
"This is a big, fat, ugly rumor as far as I'm concerned, spawned off of some hopeful fan who sees the last "Potter" book, "Deathly Hallows," headed for a duology and wants "Twilight" to one-up it. I know there's been talk of a "Breaking Dawn" two-parter, but three movies for this single book seems excessive. As many of you readers know, I haven't read Stephenie Meyer's books. But you'd better believe they live here in the office. Just going by simple page counts, I don't see enough content in "Breaking Dawn" to sustain a trilogy.

As I understand it, the plan is to break things up according to how things are laid out in the book. So Edward (Robert Pattinson) and Bella's (Kristen Stewart) wedding/honeymoon will serve as the first movie, Bella's pregnancy from Jacob's (Taylor Lautner) perspective as the second and the early years of Bella's newborn for the third. (Did I get that right?!)

I understand that the "Twilight" franchise is wildly popular, but if it is going to be milked, spin-offs and alternative media releases -- games, comic books, TV series' -- seem like a much more viable possibility. Hollywood Crush contributor Amy Wilkinson has a more knowledgeable response to this monster-sized rumor, which has its roots at Acting411."

-From mtv.com

message 2: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 586 comments yeah only 2 movies would be ok i think

The "first part" with the wedding scene and stuff is too short.

the other parts have enough content for separate movies... hmm

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 264 comments hopefully, in the movie theyll change it around a little and make the fight an actual fight. And ya, 3 movies wuld be too much, 2 is probably the best amount

message 4: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 586 comments an actual fight?
idk... that would change it around alot i would think

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I think they should just do one with an intermission like the lord of the rings.

message 6: by Angee, Group Creator (new)

Angee Wentz (angee_saxey) | 1234 comments Mod
I don't want to have to wait for another movie to come out!! AH! lol.

message 7: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 586 comments maybe they could fastfwd on a lot of the part 1 because not a lot is that important and they can't really do the honeymoon scene in detail... O.O

message 8: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (Saby3Pocahontas) | 51 comments hi tanya

message 9: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (Saby3Pocahontas) | 51 comments where did u go??? im 2 lazy 2 get uo n talk hee hee lol

message 10: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (Saby3Pocahontas) | 51 comments woops my bad i meant 2 say get up 2 talk

message 11: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 586 comments hello twilight... lol

message 12: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (Saby3Pocahontas) | 51 comments HI SO WAT R WE GONNA DO NOW TANYA ??? LOLZ

message 13: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (Saby3Pocahontas) | 51 comments xD

message 14: by Brookie (new)

Brookie | 9 comments I think they should just make it one movie.
Lord of the Rings didn't have to be seperated, and those were long books/movies.
I think it would be just plain stupid to break it up into a trilogy. THREE especially. Two would be too much for me, personally. I think it would ruin the fact that it's supposed to be one book.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 264 comments well, I guess if they condensed the marriage and the honeymoon, and probably the pregancy then one movie could probably work

message 16: by Meg (new)

Meg | 211 comments are they just skipping makeing eclipse into a movie? i'm confused!

message 17: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 196 comments eclipse is already filming.

message 18: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 448 comments I think 2 movies will work

message 19: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 586 comments yup

message 20: by Meg (new)

Meg | 211 comments oh. ok. yeah, 2 movies would work for breaking dawn

message 21: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 586 comments u know, twilight movies might lose its steam if there are too many movies. just like harry potter

message 22: by Meg (new)

Meg | 211 comments yeah. that's a good point

message 23: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 586 comments ^____________^