Historical Fictionistas discussion

Buddy Reads > What's This?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky, Moddess (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) | 3676 comments Mod
You know that book that's been calling your name? The one you want to read, but keep putting off for an unidentified reason? Well here's what you've been waiting for: Reading Buddies.

You know the book is probably going to be excellent, since it was recommended here, but it would be much more fun to have a friend going through the experience with you... So here's your chance.

Post a book you're itching to read, and hopefully some like-minded individual will be willing to go there with you!

Happy Reading... Buddies!

message 2: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) Is this only for HF? It's fine if it is I just want to make sure. :~)

message 3: by Candace (new)

Candace | 39 comments ok stupid question, can you give me instructions on how to post a read with me book?

message 4: by Becky, Moddess (new)

Just create a new thread in this folder listing the title and author of the book you want to read. I would also mention a short description of the book, and then whoever wants to read that book will come join you... The discussion would take place within your thread.

Please make sure to mark spoilers or make the thread a clearly marked spoiler thread. If you do this though, please ask people to UNcheck their "add to my update feed" box when posting!

Let us know if you have any other questions! :)

message 5: by Candace (new)

Candace | 39 comments ok, where i'm stumbling is the creating new thread part. i don't see an option to do this - although it's quite possible i'm severely overlooking something.

message 6: by Jackie, That's Her Constableness to you! (last edited Feb 14, 2011 10:57AM) (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) | 2463 comments Mod
Candace, follow this link- http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...

Then click on New Topic (green link to the left of gray Historical Fictionistas), then follow Becky's instructions.

Edit: This link actually takes you directly to starting a new topic- http://www.goodreads.com/topic/new/22...

message 7: by Becky, Moddess (new)

Ahh, sorry Candace! *blush* I'm a terrible teacher. LOL

Also, on the homepage where you see "Discussion Board" ... You should see "all" / "new" / "unread". You can click on "new" and that will allow you to start a new thread. You'd just choose the folder from the drop down. :)