The Future Authors of America discussion

Chat Room

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Harward | 93 comments Mod
So I thought that we dont always have to talk about our writing, so here is a free topic to talk about whatver.

~Maddy

So how is everyone doin?

message 2: by Maddy (new)

TOTALLY!!! INVITE INVITE INVITE!!!! thats good that your good.

~Maddy

message 3: by Maddy (new)

The Meg I know??? Thats cool. I saw her on your friends list. Cool beans.

~Maddy

message 4: by Maddy (new)

Cool Beans.

~Maddy

message 5: by Maddy (new)

Yeh, I'm right here...hahahaha :)

message 6: by Maddy (new)

Not really. Just school shoppin' gettin with friends, getting ready for school, finishing summer reading...you know the usual.
'

~Maddy

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments SCHOOL STARTS IN A WEEK!!!!! Where, oh where did my summer go? I still haven't finished my projects :P

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments I think it starts on the 25th, but there has been a rumor that it starts on the 24th. I hope that it's not true.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments True, true. When did your school get out?

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments June 4th. I just looked on the website and they said it changed to the 25th. What a rip-off :(

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Sorry, I made a mistake. They said school starts on the 24th. Not the 25th.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments NOOOOO!!!!!

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Thanks :) I'm trying to re-work my schedule now, it's a little stressful. It'll get worked out, though... What grade are you going into? I'll be a sophomore.

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Have fun :) Last year when I went to that, all I could think was "Holy cow, this place is so freakin' HUGE!"

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Do you have older siblings? I'm the oldest, so I was the first to do everything. I was really nervous, but it's not bad.

message 16: by Amanda (last edited Aug 21, 2009 01:44PM) (new)

Amanda | 76 comments That's great!

message 17: by Amanda (last edited Aug 22, 2009 02:42PM) (new)

Amanda | 76 comments I understand completely :) I'm not allowed (and pretty much don't want to) tell anyone anything besides where I go to school. I wouldn't even tell you that if you weren't one of Maddy's friends. Now that you mention it, I'll probably remove that comment just because someone I don't know could see it.

message 18: by Maddy (new)

Hahaha. Its okay guys, there arent any stalkers...(I hope) unless...
jk.

Amanda, I know I am SOOOO nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so scared and I'm FUHREAKING out!!!!
Give me a hug on Sunday. I need one from the best. :(

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Bookworm!!! wrote: "(*hug Maddy*) There you go, even though I am not Amanda I decide to hug you anyways.

Oh and Amanda, I kind of trust you cause you know Maddy and I know Maddy will befriend the good type of people..."

of course I get it! Don't worry about offending me or anything, no big deal.

message 20: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Maddy wrote: "Hahaha. Its okay guys, there arent any stalkers...(I hope) unless...
jk.

Amanda, I know I am SOOOO nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so scared and I'm FUHREAKING out!!!!
Gi..."

Why are you so nervous, Maddy? I'll give you a hug, don't worry :)

message 21: by Maddy (new)

Why would Amanda kill me?

Ponder that.

Okay done pondering.
Yeah, it turned out that its fun now, and I like it actually alot more than I thought, so thanks for the hugs every body!!!! It helped.

P.S. Sorry I havent been on for a while, peez forgive me!!!! School is busy.

~Maddy

message 22: by Maddy (new)

Yeah, school.

Nope. Is ted kennedy JFK's bro?

message 23: by Maddy (new)

oh

message 24: by Maddy (new)

thas sad. :(

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Does anyone else feel like they should be picking out a coffin and writing their will right now? I honestly think finals week is going to kill me :P I should be studying for my Algebra II final tomorrow, but I guess I'm being naughty and seeking relief from books. I actually wasted about three hours today reading The Sea of Monsters for the first time (really good) and playing the piano until my fingers went numb. Am I the only one that seriously procrastinates when I'm stressed?

message 26: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Hmmm... I think he has a twin that's already invaded my life! Algebra II final done today, and I'm SO relieved!

message 27: by Maddy (new)

Hey Poema( love the name) i never really introduced myself, and I just wanted to say that I think you are cool.
There I introduced us.
I'm maddy, Amanda goes to my church( She's one of my BFFS ) :)teehee.
And Im a freshman and I am 14 and I have 3 other siblings and I love to write.
There.
PHew.

We're officially FRIENDS!!! *beam*

(P.S. you should critique my stories, go to my profile and look up my latest story that i finished.)

Thanks.

Love,
Maddy

message 28: by Maddy (new)

HOLY CRAP< I"M A LOSER> WOW> I AM A RETARD> HOLLY CRAPP< SORRY> I FEEL DUMMM> I DIDNT KNOW YOU CHANGED YOUR NAME>

geez.
I am a L-O-S-E-R.

Oh kill me now.

hahaha
(Im working on that story still, i dont have alot of ideas for it....any ideas???)

Love,
Emberassed maddy

message 29: by Maddy (new)

I actually finished it.....

you should read it.
its like, the 3 or 4th story down on the list of my writings.

message 30: by Maddy (new)

Hahaha. YOu too.

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments So, my school does this thing called Poetry Out Loud... anyone else have to do that? I'm reciting my poem today and I'm really nervous!

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Thanks! I actually won the class competition and now I'm going on to the school one... more nerves, but it'll be fun!

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments I read aloud The Death of Allegory by Billy Collins, and I have to recite that one and another one at the school competition. Still haven't chosen yet. We have to pick from a list on poetryoutloud.com, so it takes forever to look through it and pick one you like :) Thanks for the support!

message 34: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments The teacher picked three students to move on to the school competition (well, she picked four and then the class voted and the one with the least votes got "kicked off")

message 35: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Thanks :)

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Just wanted to tell Maddy how amazingly AWESOME she was in her play yesterday!!!! I loved seeing you up on stage, your facial expressions and dancing skills were really great! You should totally wear your poodle skirt to church :D Just kidding!! Have a nice day Maddy, you too Poema.

message 37: by Maddy (new)

AWW you are SOOOOO nice!!! i love you honey! thank you so much for coming out to see me, it really means alot. I am sooo glad you liked it, and we uh, need to get together again, okay?

Love you darlin',
Maddy

message 38: by Maddy (new)

Congrats on your poem competition, Amanda!!! Your amazing!

message 39: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Thanks :) It was really fun - I'm hoping to make it farther next year.

message 40: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Yay! They let us out of school early today!! No homework to worry about, and I had a whole afternoon to just do nothing.

message 41: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Did you guys know that I got third place in the school for Poetry Out Loud? I got a $20 gift card to Barnes and Noble and I screamed when I opened it (I'm SO addicted to books!) :D

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments So, how was everybody's Spring Break? Mine was wonderful because I was able to sleep in!

message 43: by Maddy (new)

Poema Poematis wrote: "Right, Maddy was in a play. I was in town and called Maddy's house to say hi. I caught her brother, did he leave you my message?"

No he didnt! Dang! Sorry I missed ya!

:(

message 44: by Maddy (new)

Amanda wrote: "Thanks :) It was really fun - I'm hoping to make it farther next year."

I'm sure you will like, WIN. W-I-N the entire DANG thing!!!!
You goddess of writing!!!!

;)

message 45: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Thanks Maddy! In my English class, we have to submit a poem to a contest that publishes the winnners' poems in a book. It can only be 20 lines, I think. Which one do you guys think I should do? I can shorten any of them, I just want opinions on which one has the best idea, or whichever one is your favorite or anything. Thanks for the help!
Poema, did your family reunion take you to another state, or was it pretty close to home? Hope you had a good time! Family reunions are awesome.

message 46: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments Thanks! I'll see what I can do to Silent Voice to make it short enough, see if it's any good (my first choice would probably be It is Finished, but I'm afraid that I can't get my point across in 20 lines for that one :P) Again, thanks for your input! I'm glad you had such a good time- now it's just back to boring old school.

message 47: by Maddy (new)

Hey amanda and poema? Can yall look at my latest story? I just want to know waht you think of it.

Heres the link:

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

message 48: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments I loved it Maddy! That was AMAZINGLY cute!!! "spoodles" ;D
What did you imagine them looking like?

message 49: by Maddy (new)

Amanda wrote: "I loved it Maddy! That was AMAZINGLY cute!!! "spoodles" ;D
What did you imagine them looking like?"

umm, like blue clayished lumps. Its kinda hard to explain. but hahaha yah. :) thanks guys!

message 50: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 76 comments You changed your name again, Poema! (Well, the last part of it, anyway). That's funny because my middle name is Elizabeth

« previous 1