Japanese Literature discussion

Japan > Japanese Drama

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zala (new)

Zala | 16 comments OK, I know most of you probably enjoy Anime, but I really like Japanese Drama series as well. GTO was great, for one, and so was Hanazakari no kimitachi e. What about your favourites?

[image error]

message 2: by Misti2009 (new)

Misti2009 Nesbitt | 6 comments 1 Litre of Tears....a movie and drama show however, I think i was more drawn by the movie...both are sooo good! You'll give a hearty yet very sympathetic cry.

message 3: by pearl (new)

pearl (fruitslee) | 2 comments I used to watch so many J-dramas! But they're awfully time-consuming... :> Nodame Cantabile is one of my favs, just so hilarious. Ueno Juri is such a charming actress.

message 4: by michelle (new)

michelle nguyen (sweetlacecharm) | 2 comments I really enjoyed 1 Litre of Tears, Hana Yori Dango, and Shokojo Seira.

message 5: by Annick (new)

Annick (niki112) | 10 comments My absolute favourite is Slow Dance. Like the title says, it's really slow-paced though, so it might not be for everyone.

message 6: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 2 comments Ai no Uta, Binbo Danshi, Cat Street, Densha Otoko, Detective Conan, Gokusen, Hammer Session!, Hana Yori Dango, Hana Kimi (2007 and 2011 versions), Itazura na Kiss, Juui Dolittle, Majo Saiban, Mei-chan no Shitsuji, Oh! My Girl, Otomen, Ouran High School Host Club, Taiyou no Uta, Tokyo Dogs, Vampire Host, Young Black Jack, Zettai Kareshi, and my fave is the Kamen Rider series. ^_^ I know I'm probably forgetting some...

message 7: by Daniele (new)

Daniele (danieleat) | 1 comments JIN-仁- was awesome!
I also like Shiroi Haru and Marumo no Okite.

pearl wrote: "I used to watch so many J-dramas! But they're awfully time-consuming... [...]"

pearl, I totally agree with you :)

message 8: by Michelle (last edited Jul 18, 2013 07:17PM) (new)

Michelle | 4 comments I like J-drama even more than anime. Among my favourites were: Nodame Cantabile, GTO, Zettai Kareshi, nobuta o produce, and a really old one that I have forgotten the name of. It was about a child actor and a male supporter who gave her purple roses. Can anyone remember the name?

Yes, I agree that it does take up a lot of time. But there is not many good shows to watch on local tv. And it is really good for learning Japanese.

message 9: by jas (new)

jas (jjkdw) | 1 comments Nobuta was the best!

Anyone have currently airing J-drama suggestions?

message 10: by Carly (new)

Carly Nicholas (queen_of_darkness) | 7 comments Does anyone know of any good Korean drama?

message 11: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sadrazorplay) | 3 comments I love Kindaichi drama series and Kazoku Game was very decent too. Gokusen is also a good series!

message 12: by Gita (new)

Gita Madhu Annick wrote: "My absolute favourite is Slow Dance. Like the title says, it's really slow-paced though, so it might not be for everyone."

It's delicious! I'm nearing the end - and I love the song. Wish I had the translation of the lyrics.

message 13: by Gita (new)

Gita Madhu Jas wrote: "Nobuta was the best!

Anyone have currently airing J-drama suggestions?"

As in 2016?
The recent ones I'm watching are:
Tsuri Baka Nisshi - I rate it highly if you love comedy and superb acting
Keishichou Zero gakari - quite fun, detective types
There are many others. I'll dig them up.

message 14: by Annick (new)

Annick (niki112) | 10 comments Gita wrote: "Annick wrote: "My absolute favourite is Slow Dance. Like the title says, it's really slow-paced though, so it might not be for everyone."

It's delicious! I'm nearing the end - and I love the song...."

I'm glad you like it :)