Amazon Kindle discussion

Kindle vs. DTBs

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments Do you find yourself buying the Kindle Edition of a book if you also have and are reading the DTB (dead tree book), because you find you prefer reading on your Kindle?

(I just did this recently twice ... with Raven The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People and The Gun Seller, both of which I bought before a Kindle version was available, IIRC.)

message 2: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Hicks (goodreadscomlaurele) stormhawk wrote: "Do you find yourself buying the Kindle Edition of a book if you also have and are reading the DTB (dead tree book), because you find you prefer reading on your Kindle?

(I just did this recentl..."

Yes. For instance, I have hard back War and Peace, Pevear/Volokhonsky translation on my shelf, but I can barely lift it, so I rad the Kindle version of the same translation.

message 3: by Gina (new)

Gina (so_vintage87) | 16 comments Yes I have done this. I just find it is easier to read things on the Kindle. Weird I know

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I've done that too. I have DTBs of the Ice & Fire series by George R.R. Martin. It's one of those series that you can read over and over again. When I started reading it again I bought the books on Kindle so I didn't have to hold each 800 page book in my hand. Much easier.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (threeundertwo) | 3 comments Yes. I was reading Little Dorrit in hardcover but it's so heavy that I got the Kindle version. It was included in the set of 200 Dickens books for $1.49 though, so it didn't seem like a big deal. I don't think I'd pay $9.99 for a book I already had in hard copy.