Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > News About Us Thread...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You know, I don't think we have a thread in which people can post news about us. Other than, you know, what we had for lunch that day...and what you had for lunch interests me as well, critics be damned, but this thread is for different news, I guess. At least for the first post. You know how it goes.

Anyway, I don't want to jinx the scenario, but our puppy adoption looks like a "go". I haven't mentioned the puppy adoption here yet. We were working with two different puppy adoption agencies and we found a pair of male puppy fox terrier/spaniel mixes from a shelter and we think we're going to get them Saturday, maybe sooner. I guess a lot of shelters in the midwest take dogs from the south...these dogs were trucked up from Alabama and now are in Illinois. The adoption agency/shelter was quite thorough, to their credit, and even visited our house to make sure we weren't insane, I guess. I said I'd drive down to pick them up but the shelter people want the entire family to meet the dogs first so we might have to wait until Saturday when the dogs are in Wisconsin for an open house or whatever. The only holdup is the fact our regular vet is out of town and they want to check with him to make sure we, you know, actually take our pets to the vet and all that. But everything looks good for now.

Updates to follow...

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie | 568 comments
Early Congratulations, RA!
That is cool that they are so thorough. You guys will be so happy with your little pups.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments YIPPPEE!!! PUPPIES!!!!!!!!

:::bounces up and down with excitement:::

Pictures, RA! We need pictures!

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori Can I impose and do a Heidi?

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24188 comments I love the way the agancy takes so much care to ensure it's a good environment for puppies to be loved and to thrive as they should.

message 6: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Congrats RA! I'm sure the boys are very excited.

Since the agency has been vetting you to such a great extent, here's something fun that you can do - I can't take credit for this because I think I ripped it off of some stand-up comic. After all of the final paperwork is signed, fees paid, etc and you guys are leaving with the puppies in your arms, turn back around and ask "So these are good eatin', aren't they?"

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Hahahahaha!!!

No, RA, DON'T follow tadpole's advice.

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24188 comments Aw, just to see the looks on their faces.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Larry wrote: "Aw, just to see the looks on their faces."

That would be priceless.

message 10: by Heidi (last edited Aug 05, 2009 01:59PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Lori wrote: "Can I impose and do a Heidi?

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

NO, noooo Lori. You do it like this:

!!!!!! ♥ !!!!!!
!!!!! ♥♥ !!!!!
!!!! ♥♥♥ !!!!
!!! ♥♥♥♥ !!!
!! ♥♥♥♥♥ !!

!!!!!! ♥ !!!!!!

\0/ <--(happy dance)

:D ^_^ :D ^_^ :D ^_^ :D ^_^ :D

See?!! It's all about the subtle implication, my friend. :) ♥

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments No one can squee like Heidi!

message 12: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments yes, that seemed very subtle

message 13: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Nools can. I know she can. I've seen it.

NOOLS!!! Where are you, dear friend?!!

message 14: by Nools (last edited Aug 05, 2009 01:52PM) (new)

Nools | 538 comments Oh, but it's hard to squee when put on the spot like this.... ^^;;; I can only squee spontaneously, maybe. Quick, Heidi, do something adorable! :D

message 15: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments ...

message 16: by Heidi (last edited Aug 05, 2009 01:58PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Too much pressure. I think I'm gonna cry.

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24188 comments There it is! Quick, Nools!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Larry wrote: "There it is! Quick, Nools!"

A squee like Heidi did can not be done quick.

message 19: by Heidi (last edited Aug 05, 2009 02:00PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments ::turns head sideways::

What is it?

message 20: by Nools (new)

Nools | 538 comments OKAY, I AM TRYING.

__   __
/    \/    \   | |
\            /    | |
  \        /      | |
    \    /
      \/          . .

whew...

Heidi adorables as I can only aspire to worthily squee some day.

message 21: by Nools (new)

Nools | 538 comments Sorry, it wasn't registering the spaces. I had to &nbsp ; them in.

message 22: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24188 comments Heidi adorables as I can only aspire to worthily squee some day.

Now that's adorable.

Sorry. Don't mind me.

message 23: by Heidi (last edited Aug 05, 2009 02:11PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Nools!!!! O.M.G. ♥

QUICK! SOMEBODY GIVE HER AN AWESOME PRIZE FOR HER E-ART!

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24188 comments A+

message 25: by Nools (new)

Nools | 538 comments No consolation prizes! It was not enough.... T_T;;;

re: pyramid of squee, msg 12

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Heidi wrote: "Nools!!!! O.M.G. ♥

QUICK! SOMEBODY GIVE HER AN AWESOME PRIZE FOR HER E-ART! "

I promise not to sing in your presence Nools, that is a bigger prize then you would think.

message 27: by Nools (new)

Nools | 538 comments Haha, Jim. :D

It can't be that bad... can it?

message 28: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Wow! Thanks, people. Puppies are a go on Saturday. We're picking them up after my oldest's football practice.

Yes, this adoption is way, way more involved than I ever thought...my wife is emailing back and forth now with the foster parents (!) to find out what food the dogs eat, what toys the dogs like, etc.

You know what else is interesting and I think worthwhile? We're paying 300 bucks per dog, but the dog has all the initial shots, is spayed/neutered (I always forget which one is for which gender), and has the microchip thing already installed. That's not a bad deal, all told. And it keeps people from just adopting "free" dogs and then abusing them. Know what I mean?

Pictures to follow on Saturday...thanks again, people.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments We'll have Jim sing in the puppies' honor once they've arrived on Saturday, RA. I hear he's unforgettable!

message 30: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Actually, I wish you'd record a short video of the puppies for us on youtube and share the link here. I think my head would 'splode from the !!!.

:) I'm already having trouble containing my enthusiasm.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Heidi wrote: "Actually, I wish you'd record a short video of the puppies for us on youtube and share the link here. I think my head would 'splode from the !!!.

:) I'm already having trouble containing my en..."

Have some pear cider Heidi.

message 32: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24188 comments Sing it, Jim. Sing it.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

FA La LAAAAAAAA Fa La la LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Can't say I didn't warn ya.

message 34: by Lori (new)

Lori Heidi is the Queen of Squee!

Damn I wish I had all those fun symbols, I don't think Macs do. And if they do, I haven't the foggiest notion of how to do them.

RA - that shelter sounds awesome and I wish everyone did that.. $300 is great. Neutering, shots, vet visit, etc would definitely cost that. How old are the pups anyway? You most definitely want to feed them the same thing they've been getting. For some reason, dogs can eat garbage, dog and cat poop, rancid meat without a problem, but change their food without doing it gradually makes them sick to their....well, not stomachs, intestines. Most unpleasant cleaning! And they'll have diarrhea right on the best carpet, chair or couch in the house!

message 35: by Heidi (last edited Aug 05, 2009 02:40PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments HTML & the good old-fashioned keyboard provide everything you need for a good jolt of !!!! (squeeing), Lori.

message 36: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I think they're about 4.5 months old, Lori...we have pics from when they were little, but I'm not posting pics until we get them...don't want to jinx it:) I agree with you, 300 is a pretty good deal...and apparently these dogs will eat just about anything around so the foster parents are working on "leave it!" instruction:) Should be interesting...

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Lori, shh!!! Wait till the puppies are already home before sharing the horror stories!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Awww, good dog, Deor!

message 39: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments if these pups are from AL they will want BBQ sauce on everything and drink sweet tea

message 40: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments First puppy pics! Squee! More later, and a Youtube clip, hopefully...

http://randomanthonyreturns.blogspot....

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Ra just squeed!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Excellent RA, I'm sure they have found a great home.

message 43: by Lori (new)

Lori Heidi, do a colorful squee for me! RA those dogs are adorable and I love how your kids are romping with them. Happy dogs! Happy kids!

message 44: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24188 comments Beautiful!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments PUPPIES!!!!!! :)

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

message 46: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Thanks, people...more pics:)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid...

They're unbelievably well-behaved...I think by tonight they'll just want to sleep...way exciting day for everyone...

message 47: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24188 comments So neat.

message 48: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24188 comments That is sad.

message 49: by Knarik (new)

Knarik yes. she was a doberman. By the way, do you know, that dobermans are the only dogs, who can have a heart attack, and actually the greatest part of them dies because of it?

message 50: by Rita (new)

Rita Awww!!! That is so cute.

« previous 1