A Song of Ice & Fire Fans discussion

getting Martin to goodreads?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zala (new)

Zala | 7 comments I don't know if that was ever given a try before, but why not try and write an e-mail to Martin about joining goodreads? Many authors have done so already and people are really excited about getting more to join (http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...) so why not try with Martin as well?

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) Has anyone asked him about joining GR? He does seem to check and respond to email rather nicely...

message 3: by Matt (new)

Matt | 10 comments pfft, let's not give him another distraction to keep him away from writing.

message 4: by Allen, Warden of the Northwest (new)

Allen Wright I & Worst (Audiovore) | 71 comments Mod
Author involvement in Goodreads is cool and all, but a tertiary benefit I believe. The primary function as I see it being to track what you have read and want to read, the second being interacting with your friends and others via reviews, groups, ect...

GRRM already has a blog, which is also linked to Goodreads so if you 'follow' him here you will be updated on the Authors tab. So I don't really see much being gained from 'direct' involvement. Plus as Matt said, the less distractions the better, ADWD is already a year overdue, then he still has to write two more!

message 5: by Gibby (new)

Gibby | 10 comments he said that he does not do due dates and that there is not a certain amount of books left

message 6: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) Yeah, I'd rather have him joining GR after he finishes the seventh book. I think having him in Twitter and LJ is already enough for now.

By then we can give input on Fire and Blood aka GRRMarillion :D