Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Ladies, Stiletto Spy School Is Open for Business...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 04, 2009 04:53PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3221834...

Please keep your newfound violent ways to a minimum at TC, ladies. Except for pillow fights. Those are ok.

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments do they have a Live Web Cam? i think i have received spam email from this school

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Seriously... a friend of mine got her certification as a PI and let it run out a few years ago because assignments are typically BOOOOORR-ing (sit in a car and wait for hours for subject to pass you on the road... and then follow them, go to dinner at a restaurant where they'll be and report what they're wearing, who they're with, go on the same flight as subject to destination and report who picks them up and if they talk to anyone on the plane, etc, etc). BUT, before it ran out, she'd recruit me to go on assignments with her - going out dinner mostly. She'd sit with her back to the person and write down the notes of what I'd report to her... stuff like "she's wearing a gaudy animal print hoochie top, her friend clearly has better taste than her - she's wearing all black, both look like they got their makeup and hair done at a salon - they're just talking... nothing to report there" and we'd eat at nice restaurant on the company's tab. She'd try to recruit me onto the plane trips with her and I'd considered it - heck, the money is GREAT, but the idea of sitting in the same place for hours, no bathroom breaks, no distractions (like books or naps or video games) and focusing on another person seemed a. unethical and b. out of my capacity of patience.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 05, 2009 05:45AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments she's wearing a gaudy animal print hoochie top, her friend clearly has better taste than her - she's wearing all black, both look like they got their makeup and hair done at a salon - they're just talking... nothing to report there

Ha...this is awesome. I could totally see a USA/TNT type drama/comedy about Heidi tagging along with her friend the private investigator. Shenanigans would ensue. Heidi would fall in love with one of the people on whom they were supposed to spy, Russian hit men would get their targets switched, a cute kid would be in danger...season one would write itself, ladies and gentlemen...

People like Ellroy and Macdonald capture some of that PI boredom in their work, by the way...

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments yes!

Hide & Heidi - Private Eyes

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments I was really hoping we'd see something salacious, but it never happened.

message 7: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Oh I would totally watch that show, RA. You had me at "Shenanigans would ensue." The best part is Heidi's bonus commentary on the scene (hoochie top...).

message 8: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I took a PI certification course once, but like Heidi, I balked at the notion of endless hours of boredom. I was hoping I'd be like Magnum or Jim Rockford.

message 9: by Heidi (last edited Aug 05, 2009 06:40AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments My friend was a stay-at-home mom. She would get paid $80/hr++ for her work, plus reimbursements, gas money, travel, and per diem.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 74 comments would you have the Magnum PI mustache?

message 11: by Heidi (last edited Aug 05, 2009 06:41AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Gus already has a goatee.

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 74 comments Does he have a Hawaiian shirt?

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 74 comments "After engaging in a spirited bout of knife-fighting with her daughter..."

There is something very wrong with that sentence.

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments you haven't been to the north side of kokomo. they do that at the dollar general store here while watching their tats heal

message 15: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24188 comments That's priceless, Kevin.

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17305 comments Mod
Kevin - goatee + stash = Magnum PI

message 17: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You SO need a Hawaiian shirt, Melissa is right...on Burn Notice Bruce Campbell wears his all the time.

message 18: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments You couldn't pay me enough to wear a Hawaiian shirt.

message 19: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ooh! Gift idea for Heidi!

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments :P

message 21: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments can i change from a Ferrari to a cool motorcycle when i go on cases involving hot chicks and low danger crime?

message 22: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I demand a TC group picture similar to this one:

http://store.hawaiianshirtsplus.com/b...

message 23: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i am in. we all send ours to RA and he photoshops us into a coherent group

message 24: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments At some point, Kevin, you'd have to do the thing where you slide your motorcycle under a semi at an intersection. All spy/motorcycle shows require that scene.

message 25: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments do i live?

message 26: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yes. You get up after the explosion and walk slowly away with Angelina Jolie on your arm while dramatic music plays.

message 27: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Of course. The customized pleather body suit, complete with helmet, saved your life.

message 28: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments ok, i am all in on this one. better cut some carbs if i am going to be in a fitted pleather suit. i think you have to baby powder your bod prior to being inserted into one of those suckers

i am totally doing a picture of me on my bike in a Hawaiian shirt and posting it

message 29: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I USED to own Hawaiian shirts. But nowadays it's t-shirts with goofy slogans and a pair of Chuck Taylors. I'd be the slacker PI.

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i am with you gus. primarily tee shirts, jeans and work boots for me. i do have A Hawaiian shirt used for special occasions like some sort of island theme party or bowling. i historically do not wear many shirts with a collar and NEVER "golf" shirts

message 31: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Golf shirts look stupid on me. I refuse to wear them.

message 32: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Ooh! Gift idea for RA!

message 33: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments (I knew that was coming, just so you know)

message 34: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i refuse to also. the only shirt with a collar i will wear is a long sleeve button up. and even then it has to be something funky. no collars for me.

message 35: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24188 comments no collars for me.

Especially not like this one, huh?

message 36: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Randomanthony wrote: "(I knew that was coming, just so you know)"

And you still walked right into it...

message 37: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 74 comments I just read Private Investigating for Dummies and curiously, the section about mustaches and Hawaiian shirts was absent? How could this be?

message 38: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments uh...melissa....i think that is in the "goes without saying" area

message 39: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 74 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "uh...melissa....i think that is in the "goes without saying" area"

HAHAHAHAHA NICE!

message 40: by Rita (new)

Rita Charlie's Angels are private investigator's.

Just sayin'

message 41: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17305 comments Mod
Plural, not possessive, I believe you are saying.

message 42: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24188 comments ditto

message 43: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 05, 2009 05:21PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Oh, Rita, Sally corrected your grammar, don't worry, we all get busted for grammar issues around here. Sooner or later you will catch Sally and rub your palms together in glee:)

In the meantime we all just inspect our posts for typos before posting:)

edit: Fixed typo after Jackie made me cry.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments RA, you mean we inspect our posts for typos, plural.

:)

message 45: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I was just testing you!

(No, I wasn't...)

message 47: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments No. I'd be a wuss if I drank appletinis.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Heh. I'm woman enough to drink an appletini and not care what anyone thinks.

message 49: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments It's not what anyone thinks...it's that drinking appletinis is for wussies.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Wussies who can handle stronger drinks than beer, you mean, RA?

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.