Disney Musicals/Movies discussion

Underrated Disney Movies

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (last edited Aug 04, 2009 02:00PM) (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments Which disney movies do you think didn't get the credit they deserved?

Mine are:
Dumbo
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Aristocats
Bambi

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments Actually, Dumbo and Bambi are well credited in my life (although I dislike bambi). Aristocats, it took forever to get my mum to buy it, and Hunchback of Notre Dame is understandable if you read the book. If fact everyone in that movie was suposed to die.

But mine would be, Robin hood, I mean for five years even I forgot it existed and I loved that movie.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

aristocats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Aristocats

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

yaya!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

duh

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

yup

message 8: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments yeah tetsu, im sure my opinions differ because i lived in a different generation.

im 13 now, and whenever i talked about those movies quite a few of my friends were like "which movie?"

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments I know how you feel Diana, 17 and most the people I talk to don't know half the disney/cartoon movies.

message 10: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments yeah, i actually was missing a few so i went on youtube and watched them

i can't believe i hadn't watched lady and the tramp until i was 13!

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments ...I saw that when I was 3 is the earliest I could remember. Because my mum always loved Disney movies. Besides it took till I was eleven to see Beauty And The Beast, one of my mum's favorites because we never owned it till then.

message 12: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments yeah, i asked my dad, and he said he would've definitely gotten it if he had ever seen it at a store.

for some reason, he never saw it at a store so we never got it.

i asked him, because when i mentioned watching it recently, he was like "oh yeah, that was one of my favorite movies."

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments So we only owned Enchanted Christmas while I was growing up...isn't really the same.

message 14: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments i still own most of the collection

im the last one of my friends who actually still has a working vhs player, so im using it well right now.
promised myself id watch every disney movie we own before the thing breaks.

we own most of them, with the exception of Lady & the Tramp, Hercules, Fox & The Hound, and The Jungle Book
and we don't own any of the new ones except Atlantis and the pixar ones.

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments I own those, except Alantis. And I'm more more interested in Studio Ghibli then Pixar but we still have alot of they're movies.

message 16: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments yeah, im half japanese so i watch studio ghibli all the time!

when i was little, the movies i would watch was disney and ghibli!

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments Understandable. My brother got annoyed with me wanting to watch Kiki's Delivery Service all the time.

message 18: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments my favorite was "My Neighbor Totoro"

Although I like most of them :)

Kiki's Delivery Service was good too!

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments I just recently saw Ponyo.

message 20: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments was it good?

i haven't seen any new ones recently (except howl's moving castle)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments It was so cute. I never got to see Howl's Moving Castle the whole way through.

message 22: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments yeah, howl's romance was nice, but the plot itself was hard to understand

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments Come to think about, I never got to watch My Neighbor Totoro, well my friend has it...I'll talk to her.

message 24: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments you should!

it's a good story, and since i go to japan, it's good for nostalgia (for me anyway)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments Me and said friend were thinking of living in Japan one day, but at least visit it when we have the chance.

message 26: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments yup, i visit my grandparents house, it's a nice place

it's in the country, but you can reach tokyo quickly by train

and in the mall near my grandparents house, they have this store 100% dedicated to ghibli goods.

oh, i forgot! near kotesashi, where my grandparents live, in tokorozawa, they have this forest, which rumor has it, inspired miyazaki to create totoro

so it's called Totoro's Forest

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments Awesome!

message 28: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments yup ^^

message 29: by Meg (new)

Meg Hawkins (Inkgirl) | 72 comments Hmmm, all I'm doing is answering the question^_^
-Mulan (yeah, they liked it, but it was way better than they said)

-almost all the post-classic era before Sword in the Stone

-Lilo and Stitch

-Treasure Planet (!!)

-The Emperor's New Groove

-Tarzan

Hmm, probably more. I don't mean those were ALL total flops--but they were all way better than people gave em credit for being.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi!!!!!!!

message 31: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments I'm adding

Emperor's New Groove

The Great Mouse Detective

Oliver & Company

Out of these, I really never understood why The Great Mouse Detective isn't popular, everyone who actually HAS watched it loved it. It's a great movie so check it out if you can!

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments I never saw The Great Mouse Detective either.

I'm adding The Black Caldron, it wasn't treated well because it was a dark cartoon.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Toy Story!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!

message 34: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) | 71 comments I think Pete's Dragon is very underrated! It was my favorite Disney movie as a child and you never hear / see much about it.

message 35: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (last edited Mar 03, 2010 07:11PM) (new)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments I adore Pete's Dragon...

Fun and Fancy Free...actually kind of dislike this but it is underated, and you can tell how old it is by how young Edgar Bergen(RIP) appears.

message 36: by Savannah (last edited Apr 21, 2010 04:02PM) (new)

Savannah d (savannah23) | 1 comments Mine woud have to be...

Robin Hood
The Sword in the Stone
The Emperors New Groove (funny as hell)
and The Hunchback of Notre Dame (one of my favourites but I'm thinking it might not have had such commercial success as others due to fact it is a wee bit adult and at times sad)

message 37: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (last edited Jun 10, 2010 06:12PM) (new)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 59 comments Ah, The Hunchback of Norte Dame, I agree it is also one of my favorites, but the problem is that a lot of adults read the book and couldn't figure out how it could be turned in a children's movie.(alot of adult themes and(spoiler) all the main characters die in the book)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Mulan is pretty underrated.

message 39: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (lilliecat) | 90 comments Mod
Really? o.O I thought Mulan was pretty popular...shows what I know. XD

Aww, Tetsu, not ALL the main characters die in the book... just most of them. :P Actually, I was mad, the one who most deserved to die, got to live. >:(

message 40: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (DisneyPrincess354) | 5 comments THE NEWSIES!!!
It's my favorite musical ever, but it's extremely underrated!
The Black Cauldron, Treasure Planet, and Atlantis are underrated. (Atlantis is Disney right?)