Skip Beat! discussion

latest happenings

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles i thought we should have a section to discuss the latest chapter in skip beat!, or at the very least, the latest thing that we have read.

message 2: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles i read the latest development in the 'valentine's chocolate' arc. oh! so good! and the flowers, chocolate diagram, and sho's reaction! so shocked! totally awesome!

message 3: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (HatsumiShinogu) | 3 comments I heard all the buzz about the latest chapter and how Sho shocked everyone by what he did. Well, I don't read the scans so I think I should wait for the manga tankoubon to be released in order to read it. I am only reading this manga in graphic novels format.

message 4: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles i totally don't blame you! it's tough for me to read online, but i got tired of waiting. i think it's still a couple of volumes away from getting to the valentine's arc. but it's totally worth the wait, or getting the eyestrain trying to read it on the comp.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne | 9 comments Anybody else want to join my lynching mob?

message 6: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles your lynching mob? against sho and how absurd he was behaving? i mean, how dare he do that to kyoko?!

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne | 9 comments EXACTLY! You in? ;)

message 8: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles totally! i hope ren beats him to a pulp! i read it, and was speechless for like an entire minute!

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne | 9 comments Ren wouldn't do that. He'd find another way to get Shou...that's why we have to! ;)

message 10: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles true true. if he did that, the series would end much too quickly, and we can't have that. and if the grudge kyokos do it, well it just wouldn't mean as much. haha. so i guess that just leaves people like us.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

*looks around*

wow...this group is dead...XP

message 12: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles yes, it is a little dead. it doesn't help that i get pretty busy with school work during the week. but i try to check in every now and then

message 13: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Yeah, oh well. No need to get rid of it! It's the only Skip Beat group on goodreads. I think... Which is why I created it!

message 14: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles very true. it's why i joined, because let's face it, skip beat is awesome!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

IT IS!

message 16: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles read ch 146, i just kept shaking my head. ren, noooo... don't say such mean things...

message 17: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Is the Skip Beat manga almost finished?

message 18: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles I have no idea. It doesn't seem like it's winding down to me. What do you think?

message 19: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay I don't know...

message 20: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles it's really tough to tell. if nakamura is tired of the series, then things can wrap up quickly (though it would seem a little odd in comparison to the rest of the series). but i can see things going on till at least mid-20s easily.

message 21: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles i just read how ren explained away the kiss. but i can't say i really enjoyed this chapter either. but i guess it was a decent recovery from the last chapter. that was just harsh

message 22: by Anne (new)

Anne | 9 comments He's right though. If she freaks out about her first kiss like that (although I can't say I blame her) then what about when she has to do it next time for a scene or something? I wish it hadn't been "taken" by Shou, but then he convinced her that both sides had to want it for it to be a kiss. As long as she feels better about it, I'm fine. :D

message 23: by Starbubbles (new)

Starbubbles yeah, i was wondering if she would have been okay with loosing her first kiss for a tv show. so, i'm glad that it was at least done in this fashion. i thought it was funny that ren added the 'only once' stipulation to this loophole when outside of acting. i did crack a smile there. ren is jealous!

message 24: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie Lloyd (mllo13) Hey, has anybody gone farther than chapter 193?

message 25: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Does it go past 193? And I haven't--I'm reading it in book format, so I have to wait longer :/