Clean Romances discussion

Welcome!! > A New Member :)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Hello everyone!
Sorry if I wasn't supposed to start a new thread. I wasn't sure exactly where to post :)

I'm an avid reader (though a very slow one, mind you) and an author. I love romance with a passion! I'm quite the helpless romantic and I can't write a book without it in there. I've actually found that my writing niche is romance more than anything.

Anyway, I'm excited to learn about clean romance novels (I hate reading about sex - it isn't needed to make a story good!) and I'm glad to be a member of this group.

I have part of a YA-romance novel posted on here that I've written called Alive. I've had some adults read it and have gotten good reviews from all of them, which makes me hopeful in thinking that it's at least decent to all age groups over the age of 12-14!

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/4...

There's the link, if any of you are interested.

I'm excited to get to know all of you :)

~ Jayda

message 2: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
Hello, Jayda! Welcome to the group. It's always nice to meet more people who read (and write) romance for the romance. :o)

~Jaimey

message 3: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Thanks! ^^ It's nice to know that there are people out there like me, that like romance novels without the sex.

It was fantastic to meet you! :)

message 4: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome to our group, Jayda! It sounds like you've come to the right place. We're all about romance, not sex scenes, here. :-)

message 5: by Gen (new)

Gen (gensanders) | 2 comments Jayda wrote: "Thanks! ^^ It's nice to know that there are people out there like me, that like romance novels without the sex.

It was fantastic to meet you! :)"

Hello, Jayda. Fancy meetin' you here ;-) It seems that I only read books with a little, or a lot, of romance in them. So, of course I'm always on the look out for clean reads. Happy Birthday, btw!

message 6: by joy in wonderland (last edited Aug 11, 2009 06:03AM) (new)

joy in wonderland (joyinwonderland) Yeah I truly admire romance novel that doesn't have love scenes (or like they do not give any explicit description) yet... the author can justify a very lovely romantic story---I've encounter those books of Mills and Boon / Harlequin pocketbooks, old publication.. the one that has a painted-drawing cover, then... uhm only few pages, even encounter some whereas only at the last chapter where the hero and heroine kiss, yet it was wonderful read!

:)

message 7: by Erika (last edited Sep 18, 2009 09:02PM) (new)

Erika (erikaboncz) | 4 comments Jaimey wrote: "Hello, Jayda! Welcome to the group. It's always nice to meet more people who read (and write) romance for the romance. :o)

~Jaimey"

i am new too, I really have NO Religious views what so ever (most of my friends know not to mention anything godly), I do enjoy clean romance as in no sex scenes. I mean really are they really all that nessesary the plot????? I don't mind an occasional swear word, I do it, husbands does it but most sex scenes in books give you an unrealistic view of what love/sex is all about. I am happy to find this site and can't wait to read some of the books reccomended (as long as they aren't too "christian")since I usally skip over the naughty parts anyway and just want the story line.

message 8: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
You've definitely come to the right place, Erika. Welcome to the group! :o)

message 9: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome, Erika! So glad that you've joined us. I know you'll find a lot of good reads if you browse our group bookshelf. :-)