Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Reminder

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by F.D. (new)

F.D. Crandall (FDCrandall) | 54 comments Okay folks, it’s that time again. That time where I have to let everyone know that my book, “The Measure of a Man” is available at amazon.com under “F.D. Crandall,” and at my website, http://www.fdcrandallwriter.com.

Not spamming. Just reminding. Thank you for your anticipated kindness in buying and reading my work.

message 2: by Carole (new)

Carole (casutton) | 223 comments Thersa Matsuura --- Your book A Robe of Feathers and other stories turned up in my mailbox yesterday.Looking forward to reading it, said she, rubbing her hands together! :)

message 3: by F.D. (new)

F.D. Crandall (FDCrandall) | 54 comments That's wonderful. Let me know how you like "The Measure of a Man," because I'm writing the sequel now.

message 4: by Stuart (new)

Stuart (mccallum) | 241 comments Carole wrote: "Thersa Matsuura --- Your book A Robe of Feathers and other stories turned up in my mailbox yesterday.Looking forward to reading it, said she, rubbing her hands together! :)
"
As you well and truly know I loved 'Ferryman' and your second novel: 'And the Devil Laughed' is sensational!

'A Robe of Feathers' is absolutely awesome and deserves to be listed in the top 10...you will find the collection of stories truly superb!

message 5: by Carole (new)

Carole (casutton) | 223 comments Thank you Stuart for thatlovely comment!

I must admit to Terry, I don't usually read short stories, my attention span seems to need a longer version :) but I've read other's people's reaction to her Robe of Feathers, and I'm feeling left out! So, Whoopee-doo whatdo you do when you feel left out -- Buy one, of course.

Who hasn't bought their Ferryman yet?
See it at: http://www.amazon.com/Ferryman-Carole...
And if you are keen to see the second one: And the Devil Laughed is at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1849...

message 6: by F.D. (new)

F.D. Crandall (FDCrandall) | 54 comments Boy, do I feel stupid Carole. The placement of your reply in my thread about my book made me think you had received my book, "The Measure of a Man."

My mistake...

message 7: by Carole (new)

Carole (casutton) | 223 comments Don't worry about it FD, maybe yours will be the next one on the list. Right now I'm going to go and have a look at it and see what it's all about. Good luck with your second one.

Cheers...

message 8: by F.D. (new)

F.D. Crandall (FDCrandall) | 54 comments Thank you...

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Georges (KatherineGeorges) | 2 comments The Measure of a Man was written by Sidney Poitier. Did you use the same title?

message 10: by F.D. (new)

F.D. Crandall (FDCrandall) | 54 comments Poitier's book is autobiographical, mine is thriller fiction.

message 11: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Georges (KatherineGeorges) | 2 comments Great title, even if it has been used before. I enjoyed Poitier's book but I was disappionted with the conclusion. Tell me what is thrilling about your book and the meaning behind the title. I am very curious now.

message 12: by F.D. (new)

F.D. Crandall (FDCrandall) | 54 comments My book is about a former Marine intelligence operator who now works for a top secret agency and travels the world searching for an old friend who is now an arms dealer to Al Quaida.

message 13: by Carole (new)

Carole (casutton) | 223 comments F.D. wrote: "My book is about a former Marine intelligence operator who now works for a top secret agency and travels the world searching for an old friend who is now an arms dealer to Al Quaida."

That sounds topical -- it should do well.

message 14: by F.D. (new)

F.D. Crandall (FDCrandall) | 54 comments Thank you.

message 15: by Carole (new)

Carole (casutton) | 223 comments Todd, I don't know if this is a problem, or if anyone else has encountered it but I am seeing several inappropriate tags appearing in both amazon US and UK sites on the Ferryman page.

Tags like 'harbinger of doom,demons,epic,fantasy,fallen angels and gateway' How they have got there I have no idea, but in case it is intentional damage I thought you should know about it. My original tags are obvious as they are in double figures, but the rest seems to have been done by one person. Maybe that person hadn't quite grasped the rules and thought they were helping.

I am unable to un-tag them myself.
I'm sorry to bring you more problems :(.