Lochwood's Fabulous Book Club! discussion

Sept. Book Club and Oct pick

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 47 comments Mod
We had a lovely time at Helen Stettler's home for the August meeting. Helen had a spread (so very thoughtful of you Helen) of English/French foods to coincide with the book's geography. Very fun discussions followed this quaint island's cast of characters and I think we all enjoyed everyone's viewpoints (on and off topic! lol)

September's Book club meeting usually falls on the first Monday but that is Labor Day. Let me know if you'd like to change it to Tuesday the 8th. Our book is the Pulitzer Prize winning: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. Then something lighter: Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously by Julia Powell. A new movie, starring Meryl Streep as Julia Childs, is based on this book. Be careful to pick up this title as there are two very similar books and this is the one on NY Times Bestseller list. (There is only 1 copy at the library so we can discuss at the September book club whether we’d like to continue with this book or pick another one). The second runners up were the Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See or The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 47 comments Mod
UPDATE: Next meeting is at Hillary's house on TUESDAY the 8th at 7pm.

11003 Ridgemeadow Dr

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (sandrakay) | 4 comments I look forward to reading the book Julie and Julia: My year of Cooking Dangerously! Have you seen the movie yet?

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 47 comments Mod
Julie has and loved it!

message 5: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandi_erspamer) | 1 comments I saw Julie and Julia last week and it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time! In fact, I'm seeing it again tonight! I was so inspired by the movie that I'm also reading Julia Child's book about her life in France.

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (sandrakay) | 4 comments I am going to see it tomorrow! I am looking forward to it. I am also interested in reading Julia Child's book about her life in France. I have a collection of The French Chef of DVD from her PBS days. I vaguely remember watching her on television.