Book lovers discussion

Random > Welcome new members!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 196 (196 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
We've had some new members recently so i just wanted to say hi and welcome to the group :) Look forward to seeing you all in the discussions

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Kang | 2 comments Hi Jo. Thanks for inviting me into this group. I'm kinda proud of myself :) that I'm reading The Catcher in the Rye which is currently recommended..

I hope I can meet a lot of people and share some ideas of books..

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Thanks for joining :) Did you see the thread for Catcher In The Rye? Feel free to go read what everyone thought and add your own thoughts once you have read it!

message 4: by Lavinia (new)

Lavinia Ludlow (lavinialudlow) | 17 comments Hello! Thanks Jo for inviting me to this group. My name's Lavinia and I enjoy writing, music, and overall, just having a good time.

: )

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Welcome to the group :) Thanks for joining!

message 6: by DJ (new)

DJ  (djdivaofjava) | 659 comments Hi Jo thanks for invite,looking forward to contibuting and being led to untried books,
cheers

message 7: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Welcome DJ! Thanks for joining :)

message 8: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) I figured I should say hi since I voted on the group read poll. :) So, HI! I'm looking forward to joining in the discussions.

message 9: by DJ (new)

DJ  (djdivaofjava) | 659 comments Michelle wrote: "Hi Jo. Thanks for inviting me into this group. I'm kinda proud of myself :) that I'm reading The Catcher in the Rye which is currently recommended..

I hope I can meet a lot of people and share ..."

Hey Michelle good to see you.How are you enjoying GR`S?

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Kathryn wrote: "I figured I should say hi since I voted on the group read poll. :) So, HI! I'm looking forward to joining in the discussions. "

Welcome to the group :)

message 11: by Ariadna (new)

Ariadna | 5 comments Hi!! I'm new around here, this place is awesome!! already contributed in some discussions :)

message 12: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Welcome Ariadna! Glad that you like it here :)

message 13: by Lavinia (new)

Lavinia Ludlow (lavinialudlow) | 17 comments welcome all new people!

message 14: by Harriet (new)

Harriet | 81 comments Hi! I'm new to the website and the group, so I'm still getting to grips with how it all works at the moment... But just thought I'd say hello! Looking forward to joining in with some discussions :D

message 15: by DJ (new)

DJ  (djdivaofjava) | 659 comments Hi Harriet good to meet you.Still quite new myself but having a great time.Catch you around.

message 16: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Welcome Harriet :)

message 17: by Tracy S (new)

Tracy S | 42 comments Hi Harriet! :)

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber Hi all I'm Amber from Salt Lake Utah. I have been on and posting my thoughts since September! Thanks for the great posts! Happy Reading = )

message 19: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Hi Amber! Thanks for joining us :)

message 20: by Sadie (new)

Sadie Hi Amber, happy to have a fellow Utahn on here! :)

message 21: by DJ (new)

DJ  (djdivaofjava) | 659 comments Hello and Welcome Amber,great to meet new people!!

message 22: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) I made a bunch of posts on different threads here last night, so thought I should introduce myself. I'm Melodie and I live in the Denver, Colorado metro area. Originally from Dayton, Ohio, but have lived here for over 30 years so it's home. Most of my family lives in KY now except for my sister and one of my brothers. I was a bookworm when I was a kid, but stopped reading when I got to high school. I picked it back up again when we came to CO and I read a review of THE THORN BIRDS. I went and bought a copy of it and got hooked all over again. I read mostly UF, mysteries and pop culture bios, with some general fiction thrown in every now & then. I've been a vampire junkie since I was a kid and am glad there's so much to choose from in that area after years & years of very little.

message 23: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Melodie! Great to see you jumping into the conversations :)

message 24: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) Melodie wrote: "I made a bunch of posts on different threads here last night, so thought I should introduce myself. I'm Melodie and I live in the Denver, Colorado metro area. Originally from Dayton, Ohio, but ha..."

Welcome Melodie...CO is beautiful country. Also glad the Av's don't suck as bad this year.

message 25: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Jerrod wrote: "Welcome Melodie...CO is beautiful country. Also glad the Av's don't suck as bad this year.."

I'm glad, too!! After everyone expecting absolutely nothing from this team, they've set a franchise record for most wins in any October with 10 and they're in 1st place!

message 26: by Karla (new)

Karla (bookarita) | 289 comments Wow, haven't looked in here in a while I guess. So happy to say a big "Welcome" to all the new members I've seen some of you on threads here recently too. :D

message 27: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) Melodie wrote: "Jerrod wrote: "Welcome Melodie...CO is beautiful country. Also glad the Av's don't suck as bad this year.."

I'm glad, too!! After everyone expecting absolutely nothing from this team, they've s..."

It's good to see them doing well, I can't believe it all started with the loss of Roy. I never thought that of the five teams I follow, two would be tied for the league high after 10 games [Avs and Pens:].

message 28: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Welcome Melodie!

I'm going to be heading out your way next weekend. Friends & family in Denver, and going to the Air Force game in Colo Springs.

I don't know what part of Denver you're in, but Saturday, Nov 7th is National Bookstore Day, and the Tattered Cover bookstores are participating, if you're interested. :)

message 29: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Kaliki wrote: "Welcome Melodie!

I'm going to be heading out your way next weekend. Friends & family in Denver, and going to the Air Force game in Colo Springs.

I don't know what part of Denver you're in, b..."

I live in Aurora. Haven't been to the Tattered in awhile. I should check this out! Thanks!

message 30: by DJ (new)

DJ  (djdivaofjava) | 659 comments Hi Melodie glad your enjoying Booklovers.Good to meet you.

message 31: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Aurora-that's on the eastern side, is that right? off 225? I don't know Denver very well, just the few places we go every time we're out there. My hubby was born in Arvada, but raised in Parker. His brother lives at the old Stapleton development, so I probably know that area the best. I've been to a really cool church in Lakewood, and we have friends still in Parker, and some in Highlands Ranch. I can find all those places IF I have a GPS. ;)

message 32: by Karla (new)

Karla (bookarita) | 289 comments Melodie wrote: "I made a bunch of posts on different threads here last night, so thought I should introduce myself. I'm Melodie and I live in the Denver, Colorado metro area. Originally from Dayton, Ohio, but ha..."
Hi Melodie!
My husband is from Golden, CO we get to that area a few times a year up in the canyons beautiful there! I love the ranches in Arvada so many horses there. Hope your liking Booklovers!

message 33: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Kaliki wrote: "Aurora-that's on the eastern side, is that right? off 225? I don't know Denver very well, just the few places we go every time we're out there. My hubby was born in Arvada, but raised in Parker. Hi..."

Yes, that's where we are! We're in southeast Aurora, so quite close to Parker.

message 34: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Karla wrote: "Hi Melodie!
My husband is from Golden, CO we get to that area a few times a year up in the canyons beautiful there! I love the ranches in Arvada so many horses there. Hope your liking Booklovers! .."

This is a nice group! I've been on Goodreads for awhile now, but just found you guys the other days when I read a post someone I know from another board made here. It was listed on my home page.

message 35: by Karla (new)

Karla (bookarita) | 289 comments I think we have the best mod....super mod Jo!!! ;)

message 36: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Yes we do!

message 37: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Lol thanks Karla! *blushes*

message 38: by Pollyanna (new)

Pollyanna (polly8) Hi, I'm Polly from England. I was directed to this group through another and it looks like fun. I read all sorts of books but my favorites are paranormal. I look forward to participating in this group :)

message 39: by DJ (new)

DJ  (djdivaofjava) | 659 comments Hi Pollyanna,good to meet you hope you will like the group.My favorites are classics(Jane Austin,Willie Collins,Alexandre Dumas...),Vampires(Anne Rice is a big favourite),Sci-fi,Mysteries(A good Murder),Comedy hey I guess most things....LOL
Don't worry I start talking about books and I go into my own world...I bought 30 the other day.....

message 40: by Karla (new)

Karla (bookarita) | 289 comments Hi Polly welcome to the group!!

message 41: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Welcome Polly! Enjoy the group!

DJ - 30?? I bow to you. lol

message 42: by Karla (new)

Karla (bookarita) | 289 comments DJ wrote: "Hi Pollyanna,good to meet you hope you will like the group.My favorites are classics(Jane Austin,Willie Collins,Alexandre Dumas...),Vampires(Anne Rice is a big favourite),Sci-fi,Mysteries(A good Mu..."

DJ welcome also! Did you go on your anniversary shopping trip then?

message 43: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Welcome Pollyanna! Thanks for joining us :)

message 44: by DJ (new)

DJ  (djdivaofjava) | 659 comments Yes Karla and it was soooo fabulous am now waiting to post it up on saturday so Husband can help with the pictures as I have never done that bit before....LOL
Guess I'm just a helpless little Woman.....Now I'm really LOL ing!!

message 45: by Harriet (new)

Harriet | 7 comments hello

this is my first post. this is the first group i have joined.
i have been trying to add my books.

Harriet

message 46: by Harriet (new)

Harriet | 7 comments
Should I say something about myself or do you just rummage through my list and try to guess?

message 47: by Harriet (new)

Harriet | 7 comments just looked above and i'm not the only new person called Harriet (waves at Harriet).

message 48: by Anita (new)

Anita (dyfibelle) | 19 comments Hi, I'm Anita and I live on the coast of mid Wales, I have never done a posting before,actually not very good with computers. Give me a book or paper and pen any day. I carry a book every where I go and find it a great escape from hubby and three boys. Looking forward to joining in on your chats and sharing views with like minded people. x

message 49: by Harriet (new)

Harriet | 7 comments hi Anita - i am as new as you. I live in Leicester and I read books.

i also have a job which gets in the way of reading.

my taste is not eclectic - i am very fussy about what i read but if there is nothing else to read i will read anything rather than not read.

message 50: by Anita (new)

Anita (dyfibelle) | 19 comments Hi Harriet,
Lovely to hear from a fellow bookworm,I too read anywhere, any time, well when I get peace and quiet from my family.I am pretty fussy myself what I read,but as I have a busy family life I tend to stick to easy reading,unless I get the odd chance to get stuck into something a little meatier.

« previous 1 3 4