TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Randomness > Twilight VS House of Night?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments Well, I've read the Twilight series, and I've read the House of Night series, and I have to say that I am disappointed with both for different reasons.
Twilight: No character development. Vampires are opposite of what an authentic vampire is suppose to be like. Et cetera.
House of Night: Waaaaaaaay too much bashing on everything ever created. Lots of stereotypes. Mother/Daughter team trying to sound like teenagers (which, as you can guess, comes out HORRIBLE).
So, I was wondering, which do you think is better? The House of Night with all it's stereotypes and bashing or Twilight with it's sparkly vampires and smelly human girls.

message 2: by Ain020596 (last edited Aug 24, 2009 02:06AM) (new)

Ain020596 Sadly, very very sadly,
i am a fan of HON.
HON writing is (lets be honest, no matter how painful it is) HORRIBLE. Seriously, i can write better than that. And I'm thirteen. I just cringe everytime i read it. However, there is a brilliant plot. Seriously, wing-evil-angel guy, almost taking over the world; you have ultimate powers; your high priestess is damn evil and in league with evil-bird-angel dude; Your friends have cool powers too; you have hot guys; scary red-fledglings without humanity-and oops, your boyfriends one of the red vamps who struggle with humanity;you are against raven-mockers who practically killed the heroine; plus, your struggling against bloodlust; seriously, the plot is very very cool. But the writing just so DAMN sucks, its plain horrible-worst than Smeyer. On the other hand, a look at the twilight plot:
whiny bella; sparkly vampire; love; almost-major-fight---oops, nothing happened;freaky baby not supposed to be born;whining every two seconds;the villains arent villains.
...Thats it.
So i think HON is better though, (i repeat) the writing SUCKS.

message 3: by AA (last edited Aug 24, 2009 04:09PM) (new)

AA | 1397 comments True, HoN has a good plot, but the execution of it wasn't the finest.

message 4: by Ain020596 (new)

Ain020596 Yups.