Beta Reader Group discussion

Special Offers > Free Full Editing Services Offer NOW CLOSED!

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elle (new)

Elle W. (ElleWSilver) | 15 comments Hi Everyone,
I am offering free full (developmental and copy) editing services for 5 books. Wondering why? Well, I am new to the editing sphere and I need testimonials from authors before I fully launch my services. If you have recently completed a manuscript and need a professional editor to go through it PM me and we'll work something out.
My website is http://ellewsilver.wixsite.com/ellese... (It's still under construction) :)
If we work together you will show up on the testimonials page (which will be added free publicity for you since I plan on advertising the site.
I am looking for romance writers of all sub-genres. So please get in touch with me if you require editing services.

message 2: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Martin (martinbeks) | 8 comments That's so generous! I'm interested, but my book is still in its first draft stage. Not totally ready for betas, let alone an editor's eye.

message 3: by Shreyonti (new)

Shreyonti Chakraborty | 88 comments I would love to avail your services.

My book is a 90,000 word coming-of-age YA novel.

18-yr-old Azain's been in a whopping 33 relationships! Concerned parents send him to Gowacherry, a rehab, against his will, where his therapist forbids another relationship. But then he meets Devina, the girl who never wants to leave Gowacherry, and both realize there's more to relationships than just falling in love.

In case you're interested, please write me at shreyonti at gmail dot com. And I would love to write a testimonial for you.

I hope you'll say yes.

message 4: by Elle (new)

Elle W. (ElleWSilver) | 15 comments Rebekah wrote: "That's so generous! I'm interested, but my book is still in its first draft stage. Not totally ready for betas, let alone an editor's eye."

Not to worry! It will get there and then maybe we can work something out :)

message 5: by Elle (new)

Elle W. (ElleWSilver) | 15 comments Shreyonti wrote: "I would love to avail your services.

My book is a 90,000 word coming-of-age YA novel.

18-yr-old Azain's been in a whopping 33 relationships! Concerned parents send him to Gowacherry, a rehab, ag..."

Thanks for your interest. Please send me the first chapter so I can see if it's the right fit. ellewsilver at gmail dot com. I will get back to you ASAP.

message 6: by Luralee (new)

Luralee (Ellell) | 35 comments This sounds great!

I think I need a developmental editor, but my novel isn't strictly romance. It is science fiction with a romantic sub-plot.

Would you be interested in something that doesn't follow the typical romance genre plot model?

message 7: by Elle (new)

Elle W. (ElleWSilver) | 15 comments Luralee wrote: "This sounds great!

I think I need a developmental editor, but my novel isn't strictly romance. It is science fiction with a romantic sub-plot.

Would you be interested in something that doesn't ..."

I would be. Please send me the first chapter and I will get back to you ASAP. Send it to ellewsilver@gmail.com

message 8: by Aliza (new)

Aliza | 53 comments Elle wrote: "Hi Everyone,
I am offering free full (developmental and copy) editing services for 5 books. Wondering why? Well, I am new to the editing sphere and I need testimonials from authors before I fully ..."

I'd love to send you my 104K mystery. It's finished and ready to go out to agents but I'd love to have another pair of eyes take a look.

I'll send you the first chapter.

Thanks,
Aliza (A.E. Prero)

message 9: by J (new)

J Rouse | 10 comments I have a 65K - YA- SciFi..more space opera. I would love for you to read my book. I have rewritten it several times and cannot really move forward without a good edit.

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina Grybel | 4 comments I have a 67k urban fantasy novel, would you be interested? I will send the first chapter to see if we match well.

Vampiric Crush
About a woman finding balance with her physical/magical abilities and malnourished emotions caught between dark feelings for an old gaurdian and being the "queen"/lover for a lethal vampire.

message 11: by Elle (new)

Elle W. (ElleWSilver) | 15 comments Christina wrote: "I have a 67k urban fantasy novel, would you be interested? I will send the first chapter to see if we match well.

Vampiric Crush
About a woman finding balance with her physical/magical abilities a..."

Hey Christina. Sounds good. Please send me your first chapter at ellewsilver@gmail.com and I will get back to you.

message 12: by Denise (new)

Denise Crawford (leavingislandlife) | 6 comments Hello Elle, I just completed a short story, it's just over 14k. It's a romance story. I'm looking for an editor, but mainly some feedback.

Many thanks
Denise

message 13: by Elle (new)

Elle W. (ElleWSilver) | 15 comments J wrote: "I have a 65K - YA- SciFi..more space opera. I would love for you to read my book. I have rewritten it several times and cannot really move forward without a good edit."

Hey J,
Is it a romance? If it is send me the first chapter at ellewsilver@gmail.com and I will see if it's the right fit.

message 14: by Elle (new)

Elle W. (ElleWSilver) | 15 comments Denise wrote: "Hello Elle, I just completed a short story, it's just over 14k. It's a romance story. I'm looking for an editor, but mainly some feedback.

Many thanks
Denise"

Hi Denise,
Thanks for the interest but I am looking for works with more word-count. But if you still want me to look at it, you can still send me the first chapter. We can negotiate a great deal for you on my services.

message 15: by J (new)

J Rouse | 10 comments No - not so much...love interests...but nothing really develop...its more of an action adventure with a lot of drama

Elle wrote: "J wrote: "I have a 65K - YA- SciFi..more space opera. I would love for you to read my book. I have rewritten it several times and cannot really move forward without a good edit."

Hey J,
Is it a r..."

message 16: by Elle (new)

Elle W. (ElleWSilver) | 15 comments J wrote: "No - not so much...love interests...but nothing really develop...its more of an action adventure with a lot of drama
I am looking for romance stories. But thanks for the interest.

message 17: by Denise (new)

Denise Crawford (leavingislandlife) | 6 comments Elle wrote: "Denise wrote: "Hello Elle, I just completed a short story, it's just over 14k. It's a romance story. I'm looking for an editor, but mainly some feedback.

Many thanks
Denise"
Hi Denise,
Thanks fo..."

Hi Elle, I just emailed you the first chapter of my story. Many thanks

message 18: by Shah (new)

Shah Wharton (shahw1) | 19 comments Hello Elle

I'm a British author and I'm re-editing three previously published short horror stories (not gory/explicit - more creepy/psychological, one satire) and need a keen eye. I'm almost finished proofing them, so can you read one or three for me? I'm looking for brutal honesty. :)

Elle wrote: "Hi Everyone,
I am offering free full (developmental and copy) editing services for 5 books. Wondering why? Well, I am new to the editing sphere and I need testimonials from authors before I fully ..."

message 19: by Elle (last edited Jul 13, 2017 07:12AM) (new)

Elle W. (ElleWSilver) | 15 comments Shah wrote: "Hello Elle

I'm a British author and I'm re-editing three previously published short horror stories (not gory/explicit - more creepy/psychological, one satire) and need a keen eye. I'm almost finis..."

Hey Shah,
I have already found the 5 I needed to fill the free spots. If you are still interested in an honest edit of one of your stories, my rates are quite reasonable. If you are interested, send me the first chapter of the story and we'll see if we're a match. My email is ellewsilver@gmail.com