Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > Not showing friends

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Jul 07, 2017 05:00PM) (new)

Michelle | 5 comments I can see what books my friends are reading and I get notifications saying a person and I are now friends but Goodreads doesn't show any friends. Why? Thanks!

message 2: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

rivka | 12243 comments Mod
Better now?

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 5 comments All I see is what books they are reading. Under everything else, it shows "no followers" and I'm not following anyone. I get notifications people and I are now friends but they don't show up anywhere except under what books they read/reading.

message 4: by Shaun, Goodreads Expert (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 4147 comments Mod
Hi Michelle, I'd like to clarify what you mean by "they don't show up anywhere"? Because your friends should all be listed on your Friends page (click the friends icon in header). On the top right of that page you'll also find links to:

1. People you're following (currently 2).
2. People following you (currently 0).

Does this help you at all?

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 5 comments I saw that and none of the people I'm connected to are listed. Yet I got an update from one of my friends this morning.

Where would those I get notifications that I'm "now friends with name of person" and regular updates from be listed?

message 6: by Empress (new)

Empress (The_Empress) It sound like a friend count issue?

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 5 comments I got this notification yesterday: "Updates from Cynthia."

This person is a friend both on goodreads and facebook. She does not show up as a 'friend' under who is following or who I'm following on goodreads.

message 8: by Jaclyn, Goodreads Expert (new)

Jaclyn Woods (Jaclyn_Shore) | 3704 comments Mod
Hi Michelle! As Shaun mentioned above, all friends should be reflecting on your friends page:

https://www.goodreads.com/friend

If there's a specific friend you're seeing updates for that is not listed on the above, please email us a screenshot of the update along with a link to the user profile: support (at) goodreads (dot) com.

As per your settings, you should be receiving an email notification when someone adds you as a friend or follows you.

Regular updates should be listed in your home page feed. You can toggle what you see by clicking on the Customize cog at the top right of the feed.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 5 comments This is the email I was sent. I am getting notifications, that's where this info is coming from and how I know I have friends. Apparently there isn't answer. I know what I should be seeing but as I said, on the Goodreads page, I'm not seeing anyone listed under anything other than "Books my friends are reading."

That's okay, it's not that big of a deal. I know who they are and I do get updates from them so if I need to know anything, I'll just go to the "Books my friends are reading" and go from there. Thanks anyway.

In the copy I got from email, I blanked out part of her name for privacy reasons.

You have 1 update from your friends.

Cynthia ****** rated a book really liked it about 9 hours ago

Mr. Mercedes (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #1)
by Stephen King

Want to Read

message 11: by Jaclyn, Goodreads Expert (new)

Michelle, can you please try accessing the page using a different browser (such as Chrome of Firefox) to see if that resolves the issue?

If not, can you please send us a few screenshots of what you're seeing when viewing this page to support (at) goodreads (dot) com?

message 12: by Jaclyn, Goodreads Expert (new)

Thanks for the help here Ellie [The Empress] and Elizabeth (Alaska). It looks like this is probably a different bug as we're unable to replicate on our side. :)