The Next Best Book Club discussion

Non-Book Related Banter > August Birthdays

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JG (Introverted Reader) (last edited Aug 03, 2009 11:27PM) (new)

JG (Introverted Reader) Who's having a birthday in August?

Happy birthday to you!

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandaroby) Mine is Tuesday the 11th. It's shaping up to be a busy day, but mostly with routine doctor's appointments and church activities. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Amanda R. in Louisville

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary | 203 comments Amanda wrote: "Mine is Tuesday the 11th. It's shaping up to be a busy day, but mostly with routine doctor's appointments and church activities. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Amanda R. in Louisville"

Happy Birthday Amanda! Mine is Saturday the 22nd. I'll be a little blue because my daughter is back to college on the 19th and we have been enjoying one another's company this summer.

Mary in NJ

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandaroby) Mary,

I'm sorry that you will be missing your daughter. What a bummer time for her to leave. Happy early birthday to you anyway!

Amanda R. in Louisville

message 5: by Dalene (new)

Dalene Mine was this past Monday. The day was enjoyable, my husband and I bought a new truck.

Happy Birthday Mary and Amanda!!

Dalene in Utah

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenngv) Happy Birthday Leos! I will be the big 4-0 tomorrow, time flies!

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandaroby) Happy belated birthday, Dalene. What a nice gift you got!

Amanda R. in Louisville

message 8: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Happy Birthday to all of you! I think 40 is wonderful!!! I want a do-over!!!

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary | 203 comments Happy Birthday Dalene and congrats on the new truck! Happy Birthday Jennifer! Agree with Suzanne, I loved being 40!! Thanks for the good wishes Amanda!!

Mary in NJ

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments Happy birthday to all the August babies!!!

message 11: by Cynthia (last edited Aug 09, 2009 06:34AM) (new)

Cynthia (pandoraphoebesmom) | 1826 comments Amanda wrote: "Mine is Tuesday the 11th. It's shaping up to be a busy day, but mostly with routine doctor's appointments and church activities. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Amanda R. in Louisville"

Hey my birthday is the 11th too!!! Cool and it looks like (from your profile) we were born the same year too because I'm also 26 (at least for the next couple of days)...your only the 3rd person I've "met" who was born on the the same day and year as me.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandaroby) Cynthia wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Mine is Tuesday the 11th. It's shaping up to be a busy day, but mostly with routine doctor's appointments and church activities. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Amanda R. in Louis..."

Cynthia,

Can I sound totally dorky and say that I'm excited that someone I look up to has the same exact birthday I do? That is so cool! I mean, first, we share the exact same birthday. (By the way, do you know about what time you were born? I was born just before 11 pm EST)

Second, I admire you for your mad reading skills and your challenges. I can't dream of hosting something that big right now.

Um. Sorry. Done gushing. *blush*

I'm just excited.

Happy almost birthday!

Amanda R. in Louisville: tired, but hyper

message 13: by JSou (new)

JSou Happy Birthday Cynthia & Amanda!!! Hope you guys have a great one!

message 14: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (pandoraphoebesmom) | 1826 comments Amanda wrote: "Cynthia wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Mine is Tuesday the 11th. It's shaping up to be a busy day, but mostly with routine doctor's appointments and church activities. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Am..."
Happy Birthday Amanda - I was born at like 8:45 in the morning EST so I'm just a bit older lol - hope you had a good day. The challenges are a lot of work to put together but they're a lot of fun too.

message 15: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10109 comments Mod
Happy Birthday to everyone!

My oldest is celebrating his today!
He's 12 already. Where does the time go????

message 16: by GracieKat (new)

GracieKat | 864 comments Mine was today and we went out to eat and then I stopped by..The Bookstore! (surprise, surprise!)

message 17: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) | 358 comments Me!! I'll be 46 on August 29th!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Grace,

Happy Birthday!!!

Mine is on the 28th. I'll be turning 22. ;)

Belated Happy Birthday to all those who already had their birthday this August. ^_^

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary | 203 comments Happy 22nd Grain !!

Happy 46th Mary !!

message 20: by Anna (new)

Anna (gqannanguyen) Thanks JG! My birthday was on the 16th of this month. Went to warped tour with my friends and it ROCKED!

message 21: by Carol (new)

Carol Grain de Beaute wrote: "Hi Grace,

Happy Birthday!!!

Mine is on the 28th. I'll be turning 22. ;)

Belated Happy Birthday to all those who already had their birthday this August. ^_^ "

happy birthday to us. Mine is the 28th also. But I am way older than you.hehe

message 22: by Mary (new)

Mary | 203 comments Happy Birthday Akittykat!!

message 23: by JSou (new)

JSou Happy Birthday Grain de Beaute & Akittykat!

message 24: by Carol (last edited Aug 28, 2009 02:01PM) (new)

Carol aw . Thank You Mary and Jessica. How sweet.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

HI!!! My birthday was the 13th, and I just turned ten. But my homework's not done. Really, my homework's never done. I still like birthdays, though. They're good. You alyays forget how old you are, sometimes.

message 26: by Carol (new)

Carol HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY .SO YOU HAVE THREE MORE YEARS TO GO UNTIL YOUR GOLDEN BIRTHDAY. IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT GOLDEN BIRTHDAYS YOUR DAY OF BIRTH IS THE 13TH,SO YOUR GOLDEN BIRTHDAY WILL BE WHEN YOU TURN 13. THAT IS A TRADITION IN OUR FAMILY. SO ON YOUR GOLDEN B-DAY YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO GET SOMETHING MADE OF GOLD.