YA LGBT Books discussion

Tales told - a.k.a free reads > July/August Writing Prompt #1--Modern Day Robin Hood--Stories Wanted!

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5302 comments  photo 20561526._SY540__zpsjnw9in2y.jpg

What is he thinking? Is he really a modern day Robin Hood and if so just who is he trying to save? So many possibilities from a cos-play story to an epic hero poem, just take your pick and give it your own unique spin! As always please keep it YA in theme and content but please give us your take on this fascinating picture! Remember to end your offering with either the words The End or ####.

message 2: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5302 comments reserved

message 3: by katelyn (new)

katelyn (katelynanalisa) | 0 comments Where do I post the story when I finish?

message 4: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5302 comments Luxemburgers ~W㊉NÐERGIRL~ wrote: "Where do I post the story when I finish?"

right here--use as many comment boxes as you need just remember to let us know the end of your story as indicated above.

looking forward to your story!

message 5: by katelyn (new)

katelyn (katelynanalisa) | 0 comments Sweet. I'll start working on it.

message 6: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14306 comments cool, another writer. And a fun picture choice.

message 7: by Melvin (last edited Aug 09, 2017 12:35AM) (new)

Melvin Davis III (TR0iSxHEArT) | 81 comments Rich always stay rich, and the poor always stay poor. There’s never a thing said about the souls that hang somewhere in the middle. That’s because it doesn’t exist. The letter “V” is the best example I could give you. The rich are at one point and the have-nots on the other. In the void that is the middle, the infinite plunge where status changes happen. There’s the rich always hungry to keep their situation and their funds flowing they never leave their point. These people rarely make changes but are held in the highest regard. Most poor people admire without even knowing. The poor, hungry to keep their values and never lose faith; miracles do happen. The only goal of these people is to, one day reach a place where they aren’t struggling anymore and can live peacefully. In the infinite slope, there are escalators leading both up and down. Wonder why some people were broke in finances, but rich in heart and came up with money? They gave up something and went as far down they could go and jumped across! This act is what happens on both sides of the spectrum. Well again, what happens down the middle, it goes on forever. LOL! It doesn’t though, but where it does take you, you could find yourself stuck forever. This place is where you will find me. I was one of those people that had a different handle on life, seeing both worlds for what they were. Unfortunately, I did grow up on one side, and the man I loved on the other. I knew it was possible for them to merge and contribute to each other, so I fought to draw that line, straight across. I fell through. Now I am stuck in this world with those who took the escalator all the way down, thinking they could come back up. The people who wanted it all to end and jumped, the people who fell. There are also people like me. People who saw the difference and wanted to put action behind it. My jumped years before my attempt, he was my inspiration for trying to change things. So he’s here somewhere. The place where humanity is the difference in such a larger equation. More than anything, I want to find him……….. #####

message 8: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14306 comments Melvin wrote: "Rich always stay rich, and the poor always stay poor. There’s never a thing said about the souls that hang somewhere in the middle. That’s because it doesn’t exist. The letter “V” is the best examp..."

Ooh, that sounds like the beginning of something fascinating <3 Thank you for that intriguing flash fic.

message 9: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14306 comments Overhead

I know there was a time when people didn't look over their shoulders. A time when a buzz up in the sky was just an airplane, leaving its chemtrail thirty thousand feet up. That was then. This is now.

We're rabbits, and the sky is full of hawks. But I'm a rabbit with teeth. Or claws. Arrows, anyway. As Jonny picks berries, I watch over him. I'm ready, the fastest draw in the group, and my arrows are steel-tipped. Let them try to swoop in and grab my guy.

One day, we'll drive the creepers back into their ships. We'll reclaim our world and send them reeling into empty space where they belong. They got the jump on us, but they don't know humans. We never give up, never say die, and we're nasty buggers. Andrea found the weak spot on the drone sensor arrays, and I can hit it at a hundred feet. Every one we crash is fodder for our plans.

So let them come. I'm ready. Maybe while Jon brings home food for us, I'll drag home a different carcass, smoking metal and secrets, a win in the war they don't realize yet they've lost. Maybe.

####

message 10: by Riina (new)

Riina Y.T. (ibxxxriina) | 463 comments Kaje wrote: "Overhead

I know there was a time when people didn't look over their shoulders. A time when a buzz up in the sky was just an airplane, leaving its chemtrail thirty thousand feet up. That was then. ..."

HOLY SHIT that was awesome! You know what comes next, right? Yeah. I WANT MORE :) This sounds like the sort of story I want to read, especially YA .... but so hard to find. This is super intriguing.

message 11: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14306 comments <3 Thanks Riina. Everything starts the plot bunnies hopping for me.

message 12: by Riina (new)

Riina Y.T. (ibxxxriina) | 463 comments Kaje wrote: "<3 Thanks Riina. Everything starts the plot bunnies hopping for me."

You should clone yourself for us =D x