Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > Series Recommendations (Love, Dystopian, Magic)

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele (new)

Michele | 3 comments Hey Y'all!
Looking for some new good series to read! I'm loving the dystopian-fall-of-the-government-riot-for-the-greater-good themes like (Hunger Games and Divergent, the-falling-in-love-but-can't-be-together-romance like (The Selection and The Uglies), and the magic-fantasy-potion-wizard-but-NOT-vampire-magic like (Harry Potter and The Magician). Any new ideas for series or stand alone would be go helpful! Thank you!!
-Michele

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (HeidiAngell) | 129 comments Michele,

I really enjoyed Winter Smith London's Burning by J.S. Strange and just finished the ARC for the second book, which releases in August. It's a good Fall of the Government couched in a Zombie apocalypse series.

Falling in love but can't be together series, I really enjoyed Vampire Academy (but if you're anti-vampire, it might not be your cuppa!)

and I am currently reading Dyndaer by Joshua Robertson the second in the Thrice nine series, which is a great magic-fantasy trilogy.

Hope you find some good reads!

message 3: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (RobynAcuff) | 15 comments Six of Crows-Leigh Bardugo
The Young Elites-Marie Lu
The Raven Boys-Maggie Stiefvater
Carry On-Rainbow Rowell
Three Dark Crowns-Kendare Blake
Rebel of the Sands-Alwyn Hamilton
This Savage Song-Victoria Schwab
The Wrath and the Dawn-Renee Ahdieh
Strange the Dreamer-Laini Taylor
I hope this is helpful. I really enjoyed all of these books!!
Happy Reading!!!

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele | 3 comments Thank you so much Roby and Heidi!!!

message 5: by Charlene (new)

Charlene Antrobus The Jewel - Amy Ewing
Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard
Throne of Glass - Sarah J Maas
An Ember in the Ashes - Sabaa Tahir

These all have similar elements to what you described above, and I really enjoyed them. I hope you find something soon! :)

message 6: by Janessa (new)

Janessa (janessa_m) | 1 comments I loved
The Kiss of Deception - Mary E Pearson
Legend - Mari Lu
Reboot - Amy Tintera
Partials - Dan Wells
They're soo good, and I think you would love them! also if anyone has any recommendations similar to these that would be awesome!

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 10, 2017 12:15AM) (new)

message 8: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Ramos | 17 comments The Unwind Series is super awesome!! It's by Neal Shusterman

message 9: by Michele (new)

Michele | 3 comments Thank you all!

message 10: by Dianna (new)

Dianna B. (WESTFALL) (diannablake) | 464 comments Red Queen- Victoria Aveyard
Eve- Anna Carey
Throne of Glass- Sarah J. Mass

message 11: by ellie (new)

ellie (el_griffin03) | 16 comments The Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown is excellent. I rated the third one five stars as-for once-the series had a terrific ending. Throughly recommend.

Also the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas (or her A Court of Thorns and Roses series is equally good-although I find it gets better with every book whereas I found the opposite with Throne of Glass but there we go).

My third recommendation is the Raven Boys series by Maggie Steivater (of something like that) which is BRILLIANT. Far better than her Shiver series if you ask me.

Enjoy :))