Love & Social Change discussion

Books & Blogs by Group Members > Love in a Time of Climate Change

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (last edited Jul 06, 2017 10:45PM) (new)

Sharon Delgado | 6 comments Love in a Time of Climate Change Honoring Creation, Establishing Justice by Sharon DelgadoLove in a Time of Climate Change: Honoring Creation, Establishing Justice
My new book has just been released, and a Giveaway will start on July 10.
It is a progressive Christian approach to climate change. Go to the link above to read initial endorsements by a climate scientist, climate activists, and several theologians. Here's some info about it:

Love in a Time of Climate Change challenges readers to develop a faithful response to climate change, which disproportionately harms the poor, threatens future generations, and damages God’s creation. This book uses scripture, tradition, reason, and experience to explore the themes of creation and justice in the context of climate change. Its premise is that love of God and neighbor requires us to honor creation and establish justice for our human family, for future generations, and for all creation. From the Introduction: “As we entrust our lives to God, we are enabled to join with others in the movement for climate justice and to carry a unified message of healing, love, and solidarity as we live into God’s future, offering hope amidst the climate crisis that `another world is possible.’ God is ever present, always with us. Love never ends.”
Sharon Delgado

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin (RobinGregory) | 132 comments Well done! Congratulations, Sharon! I'll be watching for the giveaway.

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Delgado | 6 comments Robin wrote: "Well done! Congratulations, Sharon! I'll be watching for the giveaway."

Great! It's scheduled to start on the 10th. Thanks for responding.

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (Denaige) | 1 comments Congratulations on your book Sharon!

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Delgado | 6 comments Rebecca wrote: "Congratulations on your book Sharon!"
Thank you, Revecca. I appreciate it.