EXO-L Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Past Monthly Nominations > August Nomination - Mystery & Thriller

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 80 comments Mod
Mr. Mercedes (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #1) by Stephen King

I never read a Stephen King novel and I always wanted to..and I know this book is the first of a trilogy that he just recently finished..the 3rd book in the trilogy won the Goodreads award for 2016

message 2: by Karin (new)

Karin Stewart (karelybarely) | 2 comments Run
I've read one other book by this author and I literally could not put it down. He's really good with suspense and I've been wanting to read more from him for a while.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 80 comments Mod
oh man, even the summary sounds intense!! lol
Karin wrote: "Run
I've read one other book by this author and I literally could not put it down. He's really good with suspense and I've been wanting to read more from him for a while."

message 4: by Char (new)

Char | 7 comments oh man i don't have any for this genre! i've heard stephen king is great tho!!

message 5: by M (new)

M | 10 comments The Keeper of Lost Causes

I'd like to recommend this one for this month's genre! I've seen the movies from this series and was very surprised by the quality and plot lol, I have never read the books but I've heard very good things about them! It's by a Danish author and the movies are pretty good too!

message 6: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 9 comments I'd like to nominate this And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. Mostly because I recently watched the play version of it and really liked it!! It's also apparently one of the most popular Agatha Christie books out there so it should be pretty good. It's kinda atypical for mystery because in the isolated island where the story is set, the 10 "victims" are also the "suspects" and "detectives" at the same time. Lots of surprises/plot twists so not one for the faint-hearted ha ha ha

message 7: by Xiu (new)

Xiu | 18 comments +1 for Stephen King!

(and then there were none is great, daph! easy read.)

Kathy wrote: "Mr. Mercedes (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #1) by Stephen King

I never read a Stephen King novel and I always wanted to..and I know this book is the first of a trilogy that he just recently finished..the 3rd book in the trilo..."

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.