2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions discussion

Nine Dragons (Harry Bosch, #14; Harry Bosch Universe, #20)
This topic is about Nine Dragons
Nine Dragons > Question I

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) | 6201 comments Mod
Eleanor gets killed in the apartment building where Maddie was originally held. Did you see that coming? Was Harry responsible on some level?

Lauren (MsThestral) | 1896 comments Nope, I did not see that coming, but to be honest, I wasn't all that cut up about it. Her character has always annoyed me and I wasn't sad to see the back of her.

On the one hand, Harry's rash actions did lead to Eleanor's death, but on the other, she was a former FBI agent and she knew the risks of tagging along with Harry.

One thing that did surprise me was the lack of emotional reaction on Harry's part. He barely sheds a tear over a women that he has professed to still love (even as recently as in this book). It didn't make sense.

I didn't see this coming at all. I was upset for Maddie and just unsettled about how it happened.

I agree with your assessment of Harry's reaction. He should have been a bit more broken up about it. Sun Yee, too.

Lauren (MsThestral) | 1896 comments Yes, Sun Yee also just took it in stride.

Connolly needs to work on improving his depiction of human emotion.

Robin (Robinmy) | 949 comments I was certainly shocked by her death. I kept thinking Sun Yee was going to get a call telling him that she had been taken to a hospital and was still alive.

And, I didn't understand Harry's reaction either. He didn't seem very bothered by the whole thing, even though he said he still loved her.

Lauren wrote: "Yes, Sun Yee also just took it in stride.

Connolly needs to work on improving his depiction of human emotion."

That he does. I've never seen him miss the target so badly.

Robin wrote: "I was certainly shocked by her death. I kept thinking Sun Yee was going to get a call telling him that she had been taken to a hospital and was still alive.

And, I didn't understand Harry's react..."

It just missed the mark of the man we've come to know.