Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Help me, help you, help me!

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina | 8 comments I am of the opinion that a good writer should be able to edit. If they can not, it is in their best interest to practice. I have an excellent critique partner, without him I would be lost in a mess of ideas. Let me help you clean up your work, as a way for me to enrich my take on language while giving another writer what my partner has given me.

message 2: by Kit (new)

Kit (KitForbes) | 5 comments I agree. Everyone should learn to self edit as best they can. Still, fresh eyes spot things we don't see because we're too close to the story.

What genres do you write or like to read?

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Zebrak | 20 comments Do you still have any slots open? I have a fantasy that you might like to read. You can reach me at michaelzebrak@gmail.com if you are interested. Thanks.

message 4: by ChessPawn (new)

ChessPawn | 109 comments Hello Christina,

I was wondering if you would be interested in working with me on my historical fiction manuscript. It's set during WWII, in Poland. I can send you a longer synopsis if you think you might like to help me work on my next round of edits.

You can message me here, or at AWCardiff@gmail.com

Thanks, hope to hear from you!
-Anna

message 5: by Stjepan (new)

Stjepan Cobets | 5 comments Hello Christina,

My name is Stjepan Varesevac Cobets. I'm working on translating my Dystopian Sci Fi novel from Croatian to the English language located in the future on Earth. I need a beta reader, If you are interested, you can contact me on my author site.

With respect,
Stjepan

message 6: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Atazadeh (BethanyAtazadeh) | 33 comments Hi Christina :)

I have a YA Sci-Fi/Dystopian novel, about 80,000 words currently. Hoping to begin working with my beta readers on August 1st. My goal is to send five short chapters out once a week (with a few questions sprinkled in), for approximately six weeks.

If you're open to reading it, I have the first two chapters here on google docs to check it out:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19...

Message me if you're interested, and thanks for considering! :)

message 7: by Adrian (last edited Jul 22, 2017 03:50PM) (new)

Adrian Hall | 34 comments Christina wrote: "I am of the opinion that a good writer should be able to edit. If they can not, it is in their best interest to practice. I have an excellent critique partner, without him I would be lost in a mess..."

What genres do you prefer? Length? I have a military SF/F 131k in need of devoted beta readers. Message me if you're interested.