Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles, #1)
This topic is about The Surgeon
S > The Surgeon, Tess Gerritsen

Comments (showing 1-2 of 2) (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tracy | 181 comments IN BOSTON, THERE'S A KILLER ON THE LOOSE...

A killer who targets lone women, who breaks into their apartments and performs terrifying ritualistic acts of torture on them before finishing them off. His surgical skills lead police to suspect he is a physician - a physician who, instead of saving lives, takes them.

But as homicide detective Thomas Moore and his partner Jane Rizzoli begin their investigation, they make a startling discovery. Closely linked to these killings is Catherine Cordell, a beautiful doctor with a mysterious past. Two years ago she was subjected to a horrifying rape and shot her attacker dead.

Now the man she believes she killed seems to be stalking her once again, and this time he knows exactly where to find her...

Tracy | 181 comments I am reading this book for the prompt in 2017 ATY: #20: a book that you have owned for a while and haven't gotten around to reading. This book has been on my TBR since 8/29/2013 and I have owned it for probably 3 or 4 years longer than that; possibly more. Trying very hard to read my older books to make room for newer ones on my shelf, and this challenge is helping me with that :)
I'm about 50 pages in. This book is supposed to be Rizzoli and Isles #1, but Isles has not made an appearance yet, and I'm not sure if I like Rizzoli at all. Probably not for the more squeamish folks out there, as there is a lot of gory description to this one. (and I'm only on page 46!)