Horror Aficionados discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Audio Group Listens > August 2017 Group Listen Nominations!

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bark (last edited Jul 06, 2017 07:26AM) (new)

Bark (BarkLessWagMore) | 1442 comments Mod
It's time start the nomination process for our August Group Listen. There is no theme this month so nominate any audio you've been dying to read and/ or share with the group. Feel free to second any nominations. The more noms, the more likely a title will make it to the poll.

Authors please do not nominate your own titles. Thanks!

Nominations will end on Sunday, July 9th @ 12PM EST.

message 2: by Alissa (new)

Alissa Patrick (APatrick) I nominate Bag of Bones by Stephen King

message 3: by Ali (new)

Ali | 157 comments The Devil All The Time by Donald Ray Pollack

message 4: by Bark (new)

Alissa wrote: "I nominate Bag of Bones by Stephen King"

Oooh, that one gets me in the heart every time I listen to it.

message 5: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Phelps (KL_PHELPS) | 107 comments Alissa wrote: "I nominate Bag of Bones by Stephen King"

one of my favorites. have read and listened got it multiple times, definitely willing to give it another go.

message 6: by Rob (new)

Rob | 2 comments I have to recommend Children of the Corn from Night Shift by Stephen King. Then go ahead and read the rest of the book. It's incredible.

message 7: by Trey (new)

Trey | 11 comments Bark's Book Nonsense wrote: "It's time start the nomination process for our August Group Listen. There is no theme this month so nominate any audio you've been dying to read and/ or share with the group. Feel free to second an..."
Enjoyed this as well. Willing to listen to it again!

message 8: by Trey (last edited Jul 06, 2017 11:31AM) (new)

Trey | 11 comments Otherwise, here's one I recently come across:
Tales From Beyond The Pale Season 3 by Glenn McQuaid

message 9: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 6438 comments Mod
Long Lankin Long Lankin (Long Lankin, #1) by Lindsey Barraclough
how about this one?

AudioBookReviewer | 18 comments I nominate Feast by Thomas S. Flowers
Feast by Thomas Flowers

message 11: by Jen from Quebec :0) (last edited Jul 06, 2017 09:30PM) (new)

Jen from Quebec :0) (MuppetBaby99) | 390 comments I just finished The Dead Zone by Stephen King by Stephen King, and as much as I DO love 'Bag of Bones', I have to say that The Dead Zone by Stephen King The Dead Zone would be a good choice, should the group decide to back it, I would listen again, even now, it is so fantastic. I had forgotten just how well written this story truly is. The narrator is James Franco, and while the beginning of the book is good, by the time more characters are introduced, it was GREAT and I was impressed- this man single hand-idly acted an entire set of characters in a wonderfully written novel all by himself. I sometimes forgot that it was one person- he was able to give the various characters their own 'feels', if you know what I mean. It was a 'fun', very entertaining listen despite the sobering subject material. So, for any King fans looking for a terrific audio as a way to rediscover an old gem, this is the one you should think about.

Selfishly, though, I will have to nominate From the Corner of His Eye by Dean Koontz ( From the Corner of His Eye ) by Dean Koontz ... I know, eh? I am terrible. It is just that I feel the need to re-connect with Koontz, and this audio book that I have owned for a long time, along with my (still unread) Kindle book version, might be my way back to an old, beloved author...I have no idea if it is good or not...but I really want to find out with this group of people! --Jen from Quebec :0)

message 12: by Greg (new)

Greg Markwardt | 333 comments It's summer time let's go canoeing!! Deliverance by James Dickey by James Dickey.

message 13: by Greg (new)

Greg Markwardt | 333 comments I also nominate Final Girls by Riley Sager. I've been swept up in the hype and the premise sounds promising.

message 14: by Bark (new)

I'm closing this thread now. Polls will be up soon.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.