What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young Adult fantasy - goblins, ladies of the axe, medieval type setting

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joel (last edited Sep 01, 2017 05:55AM) (new)

Joel Nicholson | 6 comments I'm looking for a book that i read probably in the late 90s.
Young adult fantasy.

A story set in a medieval type setting. From the point of view of a youngish man, a poor warrior (knight?). Contains goblins, an order of warrior women (Ladies of the Axe?). An older male character can use a sort of mind control to control animals and talk to the goblins. Goblins referred to as children of the moon (or similar) humans as children of the sun. Humans and goblins can interbreed.
A couple of memorable scenes:
1) main character fights a duel and uses a hammer, comments how it is considered dishonourable.
2) female protagonist, a lady of the axe, encounters a goblin/human couple with mixed children and gets furious calling the man a "fornicator with animals"
Thanks!!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 2280 comments Mod
Joel, you can bump this thread every month or so. This way it will move to the top of the Unsolved folder, and more people are likely to see it ... and perhaps recognize your book.

message 3: by Adele (new)

Adele | 867 comments In The Shadow Warrior by Pat Zettner the humans are called children of the sun and the goblins are called shadow warriors. There is an older male character with magic. I'm not sure about the specific scenes you mention, but humans and goblins can interbreed and the tone "feels" right. Zorn is very concerned with honor.

message 4: by Joel (new)

Joel Nicholson | 6 comments Adele wrote: "In The Shadow Warrior by Pat Zettner the humans are called children of the sun and the goblins are called shadow warriors. There is an older male character with magic. I'm not sure about the s..."

Sadly, not the one. Thanks though!

Bump