Book Review Club discussion

Roberto  Guerra
This topic is about Roberto Guerra
Supernatural Horror > Feedback for rough draft of book

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roberto (last edited Jul 05, 2017 09:36PM) (new)

Roberto Guerra (Roberto27) | 4 comments Hello everyone,

I am curious to know if there is a way to simply get feedback for my book without it being considered an official review.

I recently finished the rough draft of my book and I would really appreciate some feedback (in exchange for a review, or also just feedback if you so desire) on it before I go back, implement any necessary changes, and then start my search for an agent.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thank you.

message 2: by Chris (last edited Jul 05, 2017 10:42PM) (new)

Chris Angelis | 105 comments Could you offer some more details? I'd mostly be interested in a word count (to see if I can fit it into my schedule), but feel free to also offer a short blurb.

Edit: If you prefer, you can also send me a pm

message 3: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Guerra (Roberto27) | 4 comments Hi Chris,

Sure. The book is just under 88,000 words long.

Here is the blurb. I hope it sounds appealing to you.

Harold’s entire life is plagued by something he is unable to decipher. Friendships, romance and success elude him every second of his seemingly meaningless life. Meanwhile, when he looks in the mirror he often sees another version of himself, another Harold in a parallel world, holding hands with his High School obsession who always ignored him, living in the house of his dreams, leading the life of which he has been deprived.
After setting off on a harrowing journey full of twists and turns, in search of answers, he discovers the bloodcurdling truth about himself, the result of unearthly events that took place the day he was born, forever altering his now paradoxical existence. Harold must now struggle against the “negative frequencies” (demons) nesting inside him in order to save himself, and those around him, from oblivion and find a way to cross over into that parallel world beyond the mirror, where he belongs, before it’s too late.

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Angelis | 105 comments Hey,
Thanks for this. I'll have to take a look at my schedule and see if I can squeeze it into some dark corner. If so, I'll get back to you.
Cheers

message 5: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Guerra (Roberto27) | 4 comments No problem, Chris. I'll be on the look out. Thanks.

message 6: by Angelina (new)

Angelina Kerner | 162 comments How quickly do you need the feedback. I can try to do it by chapters since I'm busy with my own manuscript at the moment.

message 7: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Guerra (Roberto27) | 4 comments Hi Angelina,

There's no rush. That would he fine. If you would like to go ahead I can either send you a hard copy or I can email it to you. Whichever you prefer.