What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Crime/mystery main character possible serial killer. The main character's pregnant wife dies by falling down stairs. Two more women that he is involved with die, causing all three deaths to look suspicious. Spoilers ahead.

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Jul 05, 2017 08:55PM) (new)

Lisa (bkwrm2012) | 5 comments I read this book about 7 years ago.

The main character is a man, whose parents are deceased. His older mentor, (possibly his uncle?) frames him as being a serial killer. The main character's pregnant wife dies by falling down stairs. Two more women that he is involved with die, causing all three deaths to look suspicious. At one point, he is caught on the side of the road in his truck having consensual sex with his girlfriend. This is later used against him after his girlfriend ends up dead. The ending is a surprise, as the reader has no idea that the main character is being framed.

Thanks for your help!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (bkwrm2012) | 5 comments No, but that looks like a great book! Thanks for trying!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (bkwrm2012) | 5 comments bump

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 13592 comments Mod
Please note the bump period is 30+ days because this group is so large -- or sooner if you remember more information which you can add at any time.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (bkwrm2012) | 5 comments bump

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jun 17, 2018 04:38PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 6868 comments Mod
Lisa, I changed your thread title since you said that his being framed was something that wasn't found out until the end of the book. And I put a SPOILER alert into the title

message 8: by Kris (last edited Jul 09, 2018 08:54AM) (new)

Kris | 13592 comments Mod
Can you tell us more about the main character - his job/skills/interests, why does his uncle(?) frame him, is he having an affair while his wife is pregnant, etc.?

How early in the book do the three deaths occur?

Fiction or nonfiction?

What's the time period and location - country, region, big city/small town?