Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Please add cover for local history book?

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (last edited Jul 05, 2017 07:28PM) (new)

Erika (erikarew) | 5 comments Hello all! I'm currently reading and enjoying a book about the history of my hometown of New Milford, CT. As it was published via my local historical society, it's fairly unknown (and was a tiny publication run). I have uploaded an image of the cover of the book I own, might it be added to the GoodReads listing?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

http://imgur.com/qqTlbyA

message 2: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikarew) | 5 comments Also I'm happy to edit/resize the cover photo I took, if needed!

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 32468 comments Mod
What is the source of the cover image?

message 4: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikarew) | 5 comments I am! It's a photo I took of the copy I own

message 5: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3403 comments Cover added from this AbeBooks entry.
(Thanks for your scan.)

message 6: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikarew) | 5 comments Thanks so much!

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Erika wrote: "I am! It's a photo I took of the copy I own"

For future reference, specifying the source of cover images will usually get your requests responded to more quickly.

message 8: by Erika (last edited Jul 06, 2017 07:02PM) (new)

Erika (erikarew) | 5 comments rivka wrote: "Erika wrote: "I am! It's a photo I took of the copy I own"

For future reference, specifying the source of cover images will usually get your requests responded to more quickly."

Hi rivka - I did mention that I had "uploaded an image of the cover of the book I own", which was maybe worded strangely? I then followed up by saying that I'd be happy to tweak "the cover photo I took" because I wanted to be sure it was clear that I took the photo. I'll try to be more direct next time!

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

"Took" has a couple possible meanings in this context, and we have had requests before where it meant "took from the internet". So yes, please be specific. It helps Goodreads librarians help you while being sure they are following policy.