What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Early 1960s beauty book. [s]

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new)

Joy (joyoustmjp) | 29 comments My mom used to have a beauty book from the early 60s. I think it was mostly about hair, but there may have been a few chapters on other beauty concerns. The only thing I have left of the book is a copy of a page of a sketch I thought was funny. The very top of the page says "Problem Hair" (I don't know if it's the book title or chapter title) & gives the page number as 155. The sketch itself is of a woman sitting on top of layers of beauty products. From bottom to top, they are: 4 hair pins, 2 rows of curlers, a row of hair dye, a hairbrush, 2 more rows of curlers, a can of hair spray, & a home perm kit. The woman's hair is stuck out in every direction as if she's been electrocuted. A cherubim is before her, holding a hand mirror up for her to look into. The woman is looking towards the viewer with an exasperated expression. Below the sketch it says "Drawing by David Silverstein © Dell Publishing Co., Inc., 1963." That's all the information I have. I don't know the title of the book, nor the author's name. Anybody have this book?

Julia ♡ Sarcasm and Romance Addict ♡ | 175 comments If you scan in the picture, or take a clear photo of it you can try reverse image searching for it... maybe it's on the internet somewhere? If you upload the picture and link it on here I can try to help you find it

message 3: by Joy (new)

Joy (joyoustmjp) | 29 comments Ok, I'll see if I can do that. Thanks! :)

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 3937 comments This is possibly The Hairdo Handbook: A Complete Guide to Hair Beauty by Dorothea Zack Hanle.

On the book's Google Books page, if you search "David Silverstein" within the book, "Drawing by David Silverstein © Dell Publishing Co., Inc., 1963" pops up on page 155.

Here is the link below
https://books.google.com/books?id=9no...

message 5: by Joy (new)

Joy (joyoustmjp) | 29 comments Yes! That's it, Tab! Thank you! :)

message 6: by Joy (last edited Jul 09, 2017 12:58PM) (new)

Joy (joyoustmjp) | 29 comments SOLVED!!! The Hairdo Handbook: A Complete Guide to Hair Beauty by Dorothea Zack Hanle.

message 7: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 3937 comments You're welcome :)