Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

189 views
Book Cover Help > Cover picture too small

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 51 comments The cover picture on this edition of The Great Hunt is really small:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Here is the amazon link for the matching picture:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Hunt-B...

Can you please fix it? Thank you


message 2: by Cassandra (last edited Jul 05, 2017 04:08PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4201 comments Hailee wrote: "The cover picture on this edition of The Great Hunt is really small:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Here is the amazon link for the matching picture:
https://www.amazo..."



As this is an edition listed without an ISBN, I was looking to see if it should be designated as an alternate cover edition; however, when I searched the cover image ISBN, the book with that exact cover image already has the ISBN/matching format/publication date; I'm going to request a merge of the two since they're duplicates.


message 3: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 51 comments Perfect. Thank you!!


message 4: by Hailee (last edited Jul 05, 2017 02:57PM) (new)

Hailee | 51 comments Cassandra wrote: "Hailee wrote: "The cover picture on this edition of The Great Hunt is really small:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Here is the amazon link for the matching picture:
ht..."


No they are different editions. They have different page counts. The edition I have has 698 pages but I think there are editions with 720 pages like the other edition listed


message 5: by Cassandra (last edited Jul 05, 2017 03:01PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4201 comments Hailee wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Hailee wrote: "The cover picture on this edition of The Great Hunt is really small:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Here is the amazon link for the ma..."


Same exact cover image, same publication year, same publisher same format. What ISBN do you have in hand with 698 pages?


message 6: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 51 comments I don't have it to hand at the moment. I will be home within an hour and will reply with the ISBN of my edition then if that is ok?


message 7: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4201 comments Hailee wrote: "I don't have it to hand at the moment. I will be home within an hour and will reply with the ISBN of my edition then if that is ok?"

Sure, thanks.


message 8: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 51 comments Hi,

The ISBN is 9780356503837 and my edition definitely has 698 pages (inclusive of the glossay pages at the end)

Thanks


message 9: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4201 comments Hailee wrote: "Hi,

The ISBN is 9780356503837 and my edition definitely has 698 pages (inclusive of the glossay pages at the end)

Thanks"


Thank you! That puts them both at 698, so I'm going to go ahead and request a merge.


message 10: by Hailee (last edited Jul 05, 2017 04:12PM) (new)

Hailee | 51 comments Thanks for all your help :-)


back to top